Great practical jokes

In 91 Sky Ryders, before we went on tour and were having all day (late running) rehearsals, our DM played a joke on one of the rookies. He was the first to fall asleep, before lights out. Our DM told everyone to get in their bags and then cut the lights. Out came the cowbell and the usual morning wake up call. Said rookie got out of his bag (he'd been asleep only of 5-10 minutes), grabbed his travel bag & towel and headed off to the showers. Classic.

That is truly clever. How did he react when he found out what had happened and how long did it take him to figure out?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite--the turning around and taking pictures was 1997.

No, the DM did it in 1980 also. Buy the legacy DVD - I'm certain of it.

In 1973 Dutch Boy Cadets, we were in St. Clair Shores, Mich. for a contest, first week in July. Our horn instructor had to work so he came to meet us later, but sent his sleep bag and suit case with us. Someone found a two foot DEAD fish by the lake and decided to put it in the horn instructors sleeping bag after we had his spot all rerady for him. That's when the fun ended. At two o'clock in the morning the air conditioner

broke down and when every body woke up, instantly smelt the decaying fish.

Our horn instructor who is smarter than we gave him credit for said "I knew you guys would pull something like this, so I stayed in a hotel last night!!"

The pranster had to buy a new sleeping bag and aplolgize to the officer of the VFW Post where we stayed that night, THEY WERE NOT AMUZED !!

We all got on the bus and split a gut.

Not quite--the turning around and taking pictures was 1997.
He did it in 80 too.......

That is truly clever. How did he react when he found out what had happened and how long did it take him to figure out?

You know, I can't really remember! (I've always wished I'd thought to keep a diary, like Nikk...) Mostly what I remember is the buildup and,of course, all of us laughing at the joke-- not in a mean way, but a punch drunk kind of way. However, I think he might have been a little ###### ...

It was the summer of 1995 and I was driving for Madison. It was the last full run through of the year and the corps had a history of doing something "fun" for their final run through. Somehow someone had bought a pair of red panties that were SUPER SIZED, I'm talking about huge! For those of you that saw the 95 show remember the pin wheel turn at the end and the guard member with the red cape? Just replace the red cape with those BIG red panties and you have an instant moment of pure chuckles. There was not a dry eye in the place when the corps finished the run through and those tears were ones of pure belly busting laughter. Those were the days!

Wayne Barron

Kuwait