Troopers T-Shirt on MTV Tonight

Slightly off topic, but I was watching a rerun of "That 70s Show" the other day. One of the characters said how cool it would be to be a cartoon, so the next scene was the kids as cartoons. On the cartoon wall in the basement was a picture of a guy playing bass drum, it said "Fleetwood". Fleetwood used to do drumcorps recordings all over. Has anyone else caught this?

Any other drumcorps mentions in the media?

Speaking of "That 70's Show", I always kinda wished they'd do an episode where Fez joins the local drum corps. The show is set in Wisconsin and there were tons of corps around there back in the 70's. Maybe the whole gang would go to see his corps perform at Whitewater and then get beat real bad by the Scouts or Kilties or someone...

As far as drum corps mentions in the media, there was an appearance by the Kips Bay Boys and Girls Club Knights drum corps in an Alanis Morrissette video "One Hand In My Pocket" (I think). The corps was doing a parade and she shot scenes from the video there with the parade in the background, and the corps was going by!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this count?

Jersey Surf did a scene with Stomp for their IMAX movie "Pulse". Word has it The Cadets dropped out at the last minute because their drums had YAMAHA all over them and the movie sponsor was HONDA. Surf had to put something together in a few days and march the Brooklyn Bridge, meeting Stomp and a "street corps" type drum group in the middle for a throw down.

www.pulsethemovie.com

In the new American Pie: Band Camp movie you can see a guy wearing an old red Velvet Knights hat in a scene from one of the special features. (Chad McCormick, who marched VK, is credited with marching instruction for the movie, but the guy wearing the hat is not him).

Also, Wayne Downey is in the first scene of the movie and later appears toward the end. He plays a HS band director.

what was the point of that movie?

Half naked women!!! :rock:

In the new American Pie: Band Camp movie you can see a guy wearing an old red Velvet Knights hat in a scene from one of the special features. (Chad McCormick, who marched VK, is credited with marching instruction for the movie, but the guy wearing the hat is not him).

Also, Wayne Downey is in the first scene of the movie and later appears toward the end. He plays a HS band director.

on the cover, he's wearing the hat to.

~>conner

ugh, i have that shirt:

http://www.erschools.org/news0506/images/0...6/DSC08037.html

im the snare, the other kid does not play tenors for cru

I remember this being discussed awhile ago. The guy has no affiliation with the Troopers from what I remember.

He most likely thinks it's some trendy vintage shirt.

does that mean the we're going to see von dutch shirts that look like corp t-shirts? along with all of the younger hollywood people and the mindless groupies walking around in corp shirts with no idea what drum corp is. just like kids are walking around in zeppland and AC/DC shirts not knowing they were bands. only knowing they saw one of their favorite celebs wearing a cool vintage shirt.

along with von dutch(or what ever his name is) making crappy knock offs and claiming all others or knock offs of his knock offs.