Delmarva Corps?

Yankee Rebels next rehearsal is tomorrow. If you want to drive as far as Kent Island you can ride up with me.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can march drum corps in either cornfield, swamps, or sand, it can be done.

Hey, it's the best way to learn how to roll your feet, that's for sure!!!

• 3 weeks later...

i agree, the activity on delmarva is dead. ive lived in salisbury since i was a child. i used to drive up to allentown every wknd to march lvk. later i drove to nj and marched jersey surf. ive also traveld to march wgi, and for a few teaching gigs. i now teach at parkside hs right here in salisbury, and im a 06 member of the reading buccaneers

id love to see the activity evolve in this area. i think the only ppl around here that are aware of what drum corps is at all, are ppl ive personally sat down and forced to watch a dci dvd. =P or the kids in the band i teach. most other band kids from the other schools really have no clue what drum corps is. i know i didnt .

anyway, i think its great you'd like to start something. id love to get involved any way i can.

send me a PM. or email DrumDevil at hotmail dot com

or my aim is DrumDeviLbd

Trev

Hey, it's the best way to learn how to roll your feet, that's for sure!!!

Maybe for sand. But for swamp, you have to go flat footed, or you sink and get stuck. In either case, hitting astroturf makes your stride about 3x larger without any additional effort. Unless you're on one of the fields that is comprised of a mound. That makes for some interesting drill, regardless of your proficiency level.

I've been working on getting some folks together for an ensemble or mini corps if it comes to it.

There's still alot of my Dads music I'd like to play and a whole lot of other songs. I have a file cabinet full of arrangements.

I'm digging the heck out of playing with the Rebels but I need MORE! LOL

So far I have one lead sop and a 1st bari interested. Theyre up in philly but it shouldn't be a problem.

Yankee Rebels have a rehearsal this coming sunday for anyone interested.

I have a place here for practices, for anyone close to Kent Island. It's right on this pretty little creek.No neighbors.

Just wondering, why don't you all try for Shenandoah Sound if you want that experience once again? I know, I know, Travel is one thing but still... it's times like that when people from our own back yard don't even take the time to even look at the smaller corps....

::grumble... grumble::

Marching compitition anymore for me is just a dream gone, bye bye. My body is trashed. I'm lucky to just hold my bari. up in concert formation. LOL Ain't life grand.

Anyone have any ideas for support for performances? What's been used?

When I practice I rest my horn on a huge pillow that I sit on my lap. The bari rests on it right at the height of my mouth. All I have to do is hang on to it and my arms are supported. Pretty cool idea if I do say so myself. All you oldtimers out there who might have the same problem might give it a try for those long rehearsals. You might feel a bit silly at first, but f' it. I'm not into wimpering in pain myself. Whatever works huh?~grins~

i agree, the activity on delmarva is dead. ive lived in salisbury since i was a child. i used to drive up to allentown every wknd to march lvk. later i drove to nj and marched jersey surf. ive also traveld to march wgi, and for a few teaching gigs. i now teach at parkside hs right here in salisbury, and im a 06 member of the reading buccaneers

id love to see the activity evolve in this area. i think the only ppl around here that are aware of what drum corps is at all, are ppl ive personally sat down and forced to watch a dci dvd. =P or the kids in the band i teach. most other band kids from the other schools really have no clue what drum corps is. i know i didnt .

anyway, i think its great you'd like to start something. id love to get involved any way i can.

send me a PM. or email DrumDevil at hotmail dot com

or my aim is DrumDeviLbd

Trev

DelMarVa Drum Corps:

The Wilmington based Blue Rock was a "DelMarVa" drum corps. They were co-sponsored by VFW & AL posts in Delaware and New Jersey.

Elphaba