2006 top 12 standings

Majority of people on here seem to be placeing Regiment in 3rd or better. Don't get me wrong...i'm estactic that people seem to think that this year could be "the year".

There is one small problem I have with Regiment's show....pardon me here for a second while I run off some things going on in my mind.

The more I hear about this show, the more I keep drawing a parallel to 97 and The Ring. (which was a GLORIOUS show). The problem was that if you didn't know The Ring story, then you were lost....and even if you did know it, Regiment had to give us the Readers Digest version of the READERS DIGEST of the music....kinda like getting cliff notes...FOR cliff notes.

Which brings us back to Faust....until the announcement I had no idea who or what it was. Even after reading about it a little on wikipedia i'm still not "knowledgable" on the subject enough where I could put together the story from music.

So, my long point is.....if Regiment wants the title this year, they are going to have to sell their show like they've never had to sell a show before. Otherwise it'll end up another 97 with gorgeous music and a semi-confused audience.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is one small problem I have with Regiment's show....pardon me here for a second while I run off some things going on in my mind.

The more I hear about this show, the more I keep drawing a parallel to 97 and The Ring. (which was a GLORIOUS show). The problem was that if you didn't know The Ring story, then you were lost....and even if you did know it, Regiment had to give us the Readers Digest version of the READERS DIGEST of the music....kinda like getting cliff notes...FOR cliff notes.

Which brings us back to Faust....until the announcement I had no idea who or what it was. Even after reading about it a little on wikipedia i'm still not "knowledgable" on the subject enough where I could put together the story from music.

So, my long point is.....if Regiment wants the title this year, they are going to have to sell their show like they've never had to sell a show before. Otherwise it'll end up another 97 with gorgeous music and a semi-confused audience.

Ive been thinkin the exact same thing.

Majority of people on here seem to be placeing Regiment in 3rd or better. Don't get me wrong...i'm estactic that people seem to think that this year could be "the year".

Not a problem. This show is extremely accessable. Oh, and if you think a winning program can't leave an audience extremely confused, just look at the Cadet's show last year. I mean, I had no idea what was going on.

although it might be a little more popular... who here knew the correct story of scheherezade? yea, they knew some things, but im sure they didnt know all the details.... cliff notes arent always bad.

I don't really understand what you mean by "not your prediction."

I didn't really mention EVERY corps, just ones that I have some kind of prediction about.

Metheny was an ideal choice for them.

I'm almost positive I didn't expect them to be in finals in 2005, between what was going on with the organization, the problems with staff, rehearsal etiquette, and the eventual product on the field from '04.

2005 aside, they did make the right decision this year, show-wise, in regards to coming up with a show that'll get them back in.

I like the Crossmen, keep in mind. Just because you don't like the Bluecoats or Crown (corps that you've indicated that you somehow think of as Crossmen's "competitors"), doesn't mean I dislike the Crossmen by any means

I've liked that corps for years, and the words and sentiments of a disgruntled, misguided fan such as yourself aren't going to change that.

Just for some curious feedback, those of you who are predicting that the Bluecoats will fall in placement (most of you....a reoccuring theme over the years, really), what is your reasoning for doing so? I won't respond back with opinions or biased remarks or anything, I'm just wondering if anyone has any specific reasons for guessing this for the '06 season.

some thoughts on your ramblings.

first you did mention every top 15 corps but crossmen but said it was not your prediction.

??????????

second Crossmen are not doing all Metheney.

third. crossmen have always had excellent rehearsal etiquitte. ( why would you ever say that ? ) did you march there ? you are not a perennial finalist without it.

fourth . I like both CROWN and THE BLUECOATS.

I just like the CROSSMEN better.

fifth, you only marched 3 years. your a puppy in this activity. Did you see SCV in the 90's ?

If you age out in 08 that would have made you around 4 years old. how would you know. numbers do not tell the whole story.

I predict BLUECOATS and CROWn are BOTh going to move down a bitt this season. that is not hatred or misguided. that is an opinion in JANUARY.

sorry for the rant.

PUPPIES !!!

Edited by dcifan2002

some thoughts on your ramblings.

first you did mention every top 15 corps but crossmen but said it was not your prediction.

??????????

second Crossmen are not doing all Metheney.

third. crossmen have always had excellent rehearsal etiquitte. ( why would you ever say that ? ) did you march there ? you are not a perennial finalist without it.

fourth . I like both CROWN and THE BLUECOATS.

I just like the CROSSMEN better.

fifth, you only marched 3 years. your a puppy in this activity. Did you see SCV in the 90's ?

If you age out in 08 that would have made you around 4 years old. how would you know. numbers do not tell the whole story.

I predict BLUECOATS and CROWn are BOTh going to move down a bitt this season. that is not hatred or misguided. that is an opinion in JANUARY.

sorry for the rant.

PUPPIES !!!

I still don't know where you're getting "not your prediction" from. I just didn't formulate it into a list, because I rushed into posting it. Clearly you took offense to me not mentioning the Crossmen, so here. Throw them into the Mandarins/Colts/BK/Spirit group. There. Hope that was fulfilling for you.

I was and still am under the impression that they're playing "The Way Up," Pat Metheny's latest CD. Is this not the case? Either way, I mentioned it as a good thing.

2004, that's why I said it. I didn't blame that on the corps, I blamed it on the staff. Just because I didn't march there doesn't mean I don't know what happened there. I'm not going to go into it for the sake of the privacy of the corps, but the NUMEROUS internal problems that year surely didn't help expediate the cleaning process throughout the season. I actually got word recently of something else relating to the corps that concerns me. Not concerns me in a personal sense, since I don't march there, but concerns me sympathetically due to the difficulties that another corps I'm very familiar with had to deal with in the past.....these "difficulties" relating to recent news with our aforementioned drum corps. Oh well. I wish them the best.

I'm a "puppy" in this activity because I've marched three years? Oh, alright. Painful insult coming from someone who refuses to disclose their previous involvement with drum corps, aside from lurker, borg, and cryptic corps-basher. One username bashes Crown, the next goes after the Bluecoats. Fair enough, you enjoy your lifestyle of doing so. I've marched for the same amount of time if not more than some of the most respected posters on here, and by the time I age out, I'll have marched for six. I highly doubt you've marched six years of drum corps, Mr. Anonymous Poster, "dcifan2002." Whereas you hide behind a username, just like you have in the past with your other names, I actually disclose my marching experience and personal information. I even mention the corps that I specifically march with. Not so as to speak for the corps, because that's literally impossible, but so you can recognize biases from my point of view (though I generally try and avoid them for the most part), and understand that I bring at least some credibility to the table. I'm not full of myself by any means, and I'm aware that this activity has a lot more to offer me in the future. Interesting that you should try and speak condescendingly to me, when aside from it at least being known that I've marched SOMEWHERE, I'm also an english major. Therefore, if I was to go about taking time out of my night to berate a fellow fan/member (assuming, of course, that you were once a member yourself) of drum corps, I would at least have the self-respect to use correct homonyms. You call me a "puppy" and yet you still haven't mastered a basic skill of writing that I learned in 2nd grade. Petty, but relevant, in regards to our "discussion."

Yes I've seen SCV in the early 90's. I watched the VHS's and DVD's. I enjoyed their shows, in those years. Assuming you're a legend in the activity, or AT LEAST was around to see them in person, the most you would have done is watched those shows from the stands. In other words....the equivalent of what I've done, minus having been there in person. We were referring to the numbers, so in that case I'm speaking as much of the "whole story" as you are.

Fair enough, you have as much of a right to assume that both corps will move down as everyone else. I predict one of the two will move down, personally. Just an opinion.

If you were sorry for the rant, you would have PM'ed me like I asked you to.

While you bash my credibility, you realize that you don't have any at all, correct? You very well may be a 16 year old kid with a Crossmen fetish, who talks badly about other corps so other posters on here would apparently see Xmen in a more positive light. Your point is absolutely ridiculous. No one takes you seriously, because you have nothing to offer on here. Eventually the same thing will happen to this username as your other one, where a great enough faction of DCP will be so opposed to your closed-minded opinions that it'll be hopeless to continue posting with it. Know what funny? Towards the end of your reign with the old name, I actually started to agree with you, and even defended you, on some topics. Funny how things change. RAMD is waiting for you. Tell SCVFan222 we all say hello.

A real prediction, to appease the masses.

1. Cavies

2. Phantom

3. Cadets

4. Bluecoats

5. BD

5. Madison

7. Boston

8. Crown

9. Glassmen

10. SCV

11. Colts

12. Cap Reg

13. Crossmen

14. Mandarins

15. BK

16. Spirit

16. Southwind

18. Esperanza

19. Seattle

20. Blue Stars

21. PC

22. Magic

.....I give up. From 11-19, is almost impossible to predict. I don't think there's any way I could have written it, and felt good about what I typed.

sorry for the rant.

PUPPIES !!!

I love the Crossmen. Always have. Probably always will. But the more I read the stuff you write, the more it affects my view on the Crossmen, seeing as how you're obviously involved with them one way or another. (Based on your posting style, I have a pretty good idea of who you are, but for the sake of decorum, I will keep my theory to myself.) I guess all I'll say is that if you really are associated with a certain corps, whoever it is, the best plan when posting is to make that corps look as good as possible. Of course the best way to do that is to NOT hype your corps at the expense of others. By putting other corps down, you are effectively doing more to harm the image and good name of the corps you are associating yourself with. Pointless. Counterproductive. Not necessary.

As far as Jared goes, I don't always agree with him, but I wish more kids today would post with the intelligence and thoughtfulness that he displays. And no matter how old he is or how long he has marched, his opinions are just as valid as anyone's. Including mine. Including YOUR'S. So let's lay off crossing the line and getting too personal. It's just drum corps. If you don't like reading critical opinions of your favorite corps, then perhaps DCP is not for you.

I'm a "puppy" in this activity because I've marched three years? and by the time I age out, I'll have marched for six. I highly doubt you've marched six years of drum corps,

Yes I've seen SCV in the early 90's. I watched the VHS's and DVD's.

Tell SCVFan222 we all say hello.

I have marched well over 6. not that it's important in a prediction thead.

I have seen SCV in the 90's. from a very, very close perspective.

VHS's and DVD's ??

come on .

PUPPY.

ok I am done.