2006 top 12 standings

In a lot of ways, I enjoy watching the DVDs and VHS tapes more--it takes a great deal of the subjectivity away.

Ok, when I'm watching the DVD/Videos.... I'm being shown what the makers think I should see and have no control over what closeups I want to watch/etc.

It's like the propoganda in the media when someone is being interviewed on TV and the crew does different angles and closeups, fades, etc. It all adds to the influence on the veiwers opinion, etc.

While I enjoy seeing the marchers up close, instead of a bunch of dots on the field, I still prefer to see the show live and get the real thing - looking at what I want to see and being ablt to make any educated opinion at that time not influenced by fancy camera shots.

CD/DVD/VHS is great for keeping records, though! :bleah: And the best that can be done for those who weren't able to be present for the show.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.Cavaliers (i expect an amazing show from them)

2.Blue Devils (these guys just have too good a way of doing things all they need is the right show)

3.Phantom Regiment

4.Cadets

5.Crown (i see them doing some damage they have a VERY good hornline, go back and listen to 05)

6.Bluecoats

7.SCV (match grip is so ugly)

8.Scouts (need to listen down you guys sound really empty)

9.Boston Crusaders

10.Glassmen

11.Crossmen

12.Spirit

Edited by aatlb25

Ok, when I'm watching the DVD/Videos.... I'm being shown what the makers think I should see and have no control over what closeups I want to watch/etc.

It's like the propoganda in the media when someone is being interviewed on TV and the crew does different angles and closeups, fades, etc. It all adds to the influence on the veiwers opinion, etc.

you mean that was Hoppy operating the boom camera!?!

I dunno man...I think there are just as many poorly chosen camera angles as there are "propagandic" angles (is that even a word).

You know when you watch your favorite shows on multi-cam...they always just happen to be filming the pit mallets during a sweet drill move...something like that.

you mean that was Hoppy operating the boom camera!?!

I dunno man...I think there are just as many poorly chosen camera angles as there are "propagandic" angles (is that even a word).

You know when you watch your favorite shows on multi-cam...they always just happen to be filming the pit mallets during a sweet drill move...something like that.

Especially since the Legacy DVDs have multi-cam... :laugh:

And, really, propaganda can be either for or against a certain corps.

Furthermore, the guys that watch the shows a couple of times before actually filming pick stuff out that looks interesting, but what may be interesting to them may not exactly be interesting to me. And just because I'm watching the DVD full of this non-interesting stuff doesn't mean the show didn't have things that would interest me. I could even go as far as to say that the other stuff in their show just might be what I fancy, and had I seen the other aspects of their show, it could be my favorite of all time.

In the same way, (1) the shots of drill that they pick might just look pretty freakin sweet while the stuff that isn't showing is a bag of crap. (2) Or, on the other side of things, the shots they pick might just be where the corps' mistakes are that night, while everything else in the show is the cleanest DCI has ever seen.

Let's say one corps has the first situation, while another has the second situation. And the corps in the second situation had an overall better show that wasn't displayed as well as the corps in the first situation.

Do you think it would be accurate to judge which of these two shows was better/cooler based on DVDs?

Get my meaning?

2.Blue Devils (these guys just have too good a way of doing things all they need is the right show)

3.Phantom Regiment

4.Cadets

5.Crown (i see them doing some damage they have a VERY good hornline, go back and listen to 05)

6.Bluecoats

9.Boston Crusaders

10.Glassmen

11.Crossmen

12.Spirit

Okay, okay okay.

SCV has already announced they are done with match grip.

I don't agree with you on Crown... They need a few more years to break top 6, let alone top 5.

Scouts havent stopped moving up since Sal Salas has been in charge.

3.Phantom Regiment

4.Cadets

6.Bluecoats

9.Boston Crusaders

10.Glassmen

11.Crossmen

12.Spirit

I personally don't see how you can have Crown in 5th and say that they have a "VERY" good hornline, and at the same time you drop Madison to 8th and take two shots at theirs. I personally thought Madison had a SIGNIFICANTLY better hornline. As far as the overall sound went, it was give or take, but Madison achieved to the level of being substantially more proficient technically while moving much more throughout the entire show. To each his own, I guess.

Matched grip comment has already been covered, so I'll leave it at that.

Anyway, here's my predictions

(based on nothing in particular)

1 Cadets

2 Cavaliers

3 Blue Devils

4 Madison

5 Phantom

6 Bluecoats

7 Santa Clara

8 Crown

9 Glassmen

10 Boston

11 Blue Knights

12 Crossmen

I hear they're only having a six-member guard and will feature a two-person pit - one person on pennywhistle and another on kazoo (in the key of G, of course).

I would say that is the best prediction so far but like i say wait to finals!!! Because u dont know until the last night what will happen with placements. I hope to see u all on the 50 yard line in Madison till then have a great summer to all of u peace.

cadets are on a roll! big reports saying they are even stronger this year, I think this will be the finals positions

1, The Cadets

2, Blue Devils

3, Phantom Reg

4, Cavaliers

5, Madison Scouts

6, Santa Clara

7, Boston Crus

8, Blue Coats

9, Spirit

10, Glassmen

11, Crossmen

12, Carolina

alright, now I have saved everyones predictions in an excel spreadsheet and we'll see who gets closest come august.

and taking the predictions, giving 25 points for 1st, 24 for 2nd etc..., the predicted results so far are.

Cavaliers 23.8

Cadets 23.5

BD 22.9

Phantom 22.9

Madison 20.9

Bluecoats 20.1

SCV 19.6

Crown 18.0

Boston 16.6

Glassmen 15.9

BK 15.4

Crossmen 15.0