2006 top 12 standings

Just my opinion based off some information, recordings, and rumors.

1. 99.05-Cadets- With all of the championship staff back from last year and one of the best design team in DCI, plus strong in every caption, watch out for them.

2. 99.00-Cavies- Its going to be really tough between the top 3 this year, and you know Cavies will be right up there all season. With the high return rate of vets and Casella working the drums, should be interesting to say the least.

3. 98.50-Blue Devils- Really interested in how they will design the Godfather. A couple of friends of mine that are there told me its def a change of pace from the previous years. If its a dark 2000,95 style, look for this show to be a championship level show.

4. 97.00-Phantom Regiment- Its gonna be a really good year for them. Adam Sage has really turned that guard into something spectacular. Also with one of DCI's finest hornlines, look for them to be on fire. Top 3 is just too tough.

5. 95.05-Madison Scouts- High return rate of vets, plus Colin Mcnutt's 3rd year there(who I believe to be one of the true masters of Ensemble cleaning), watch for them and Bluecoats all season neck and neck.

6. 95.00-Bluecoats- Extremely talented corps on the rise. Connexus sounds really exciting and should be a dog fight between them and Madison all season.

7. 91.5-Carolina Crown- One of the best design team in DCI(IMO), complimented with a spectacular guard and hornline, will be good. Dont know how the loss of Vandoren and Sullivan will hurt them though.

8. 90.0-SCV- Gonna go with my gut here and put them at 8th(had them lower than this originally). A know they had a change in brass staff, but Nick Williams more than has enough credentials. Key Poulan will come through for them and although will not climb, they will not drop.

9. 89.25-Glassmen- A corps on the rise since 2004, with the addition of Robert W. Smith, show design shouldnt be a weakness for them anymore. Dont think trip to Europe will affect them too much. Also one of the best visual technique packages in DCI.

10. 88.5- Blueknights- Doing non-original music is a good change for them. Very innovative and strong marching package they put on. Solid in every caption.

11. 87.25- BAC- Talent not as strong as in previous seasons in the hornline. Drumline possibly strongest Ive seen them this early on. Guard took a small step back last season but hopefully will be a powerhouse like they usually are. Have heard about the show design through friends and its either gonna be a hit or miss.

12. 86.8- Crossmen- Making a comeback into finals. Scott Litzenberg will turn that corps into a powerhouse again.Still not sold on the drumline(ever since Beddis left) and Brass(since Musson left).But Jimmy Steele will fix that issue .With strong vet rate and strong show design, watch for them come finals night.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just my opinion based off some information, recordings, and rumors.

7. 91.5-Carolina Crown- One of the best design team in DCI(IMO), complimented with a spectacular guard and hornline, will be good. Dont know how the loss of Vandoren and Sullivan will hurt them though.

Just wanted to clarify this post. Van Doren and Sullivan have not left Crown. They will still be working with Crown. In fact, Donnies son is assistant drum major for Crown this summer. Click on the link below.

http://carolinacrown.org/faculty.htm

Edited by Tone Quality Matters

1) The Cadets- I just can't see them letting up. For 2007, however, I believe they will.

2) Phantom Regiment- Played this music myself. Maybe it's wishful thinking but after their success with Rhapsody, the staff seems to understand what works and what doesn't. After all, last season was of a "test" of the new staff. This year, they know what to do to do well.

3) The Cavaliers- In reality, the Green Machine will probably end up over Phantom. But it would be nice to see a change...Thought I heard from a few people who auditioned that the hornline was relatively new but I could be wrong.

4) Blue Devils- Another tough one. I'm sure the drive to do well will be high so I put them here just because of my previous wishful thinking.

5) Bluecoats- On their way up. Awesome corps but it's so hard to knock the big four.

6) Carolina Crown- That hornline is one of the best in the activity.

7) Santa Clara Vanguard- Another tough one. With a new director and a kick butt show, I'm not so sure where they will end up. I would prefer to see Crown above them, however.

8) Madison Scouts- I foresee a lack of show quality for some reason. Not really execution. But something tells me it'll be hard to sell.

9) Boston Crusaders- Consistantly pretty good. I can see them towards the bottom just because of the strength at the top.

10) Glassmen- If only they could blend their sound more effectively. I never understood how they beat Spirit in 2005 but I don't remember either show too clearly live.

11) Spirit from JSU- Wishful thinking?

12) Crossmen- VERY wishful thinking?

^^^ The most horribly inacurate set of predictions ever.

Game on:

1. Phantom Regiment... did you hear them last year???

2. Blue Devils... after last year's fiasco, and with such a great show, and always incredible talent, you know they're out for blood this year.

3. Cavaliers... back to the dark, Bad ### cavalier that has gotten them far in the past.

4. Cadets... they'll be great... but the chances are that hitting the jackpot with another controversial show... meh... not so good. But they'll be good... always are.

5. Carolina Crown... surprise everyone... as long as they continue along the path they're traveling (and get their drumline in shape), at some point, there's no stopping them.

6. Santa Clara Vanguard... don't know why, but I'm calling a jump here...

7. Bluecoats... sounding great, looking great... however, somewhat uninnovative at times... we'll see what happens

8. Madison Scouts... great vet return, but a bad show design will keep them down...

9. Blue Knights... they'll be alright.

10. Boston Crusaders... again, entertaining, but mediocre. Hard workers tho...

11. Blue Stars... (shock!) just wait and see... they'll be better than you and I both are ready for...

12. Crossmen... after last year, just like BD, they're out for blood.

Commence harrassment in three... two... one...

8) Madison Scouts- I foresee a lack of show quality for some reason. Not really execution. But something tells me it'll be hard to sell.

No. Just.. no.

1. BD - Godfather = amazing.

2. Cadets - Not quite as clean as last year.

3. Madison - Hometown crowd, etc.

4. Cavies - Design team finally slips up.

5. Bluecoats - Are close to Cavies.

6. Phantom - Sorry.

7. BAC - Will people ever stop hating this corps?

8. SCV - Just not enough of a push.

9. Crown - Don't buy the hype.

10. Crossmen - Back in finals with a bang.

11. BK - Stagnant.

12. Glassmen - Interesting show.

3) The Cavaliers- ...Thought I heard from a few people who auditioned that the hornline was relatively new but I could be wrong.

Hmm...last I heard...from Cavaliers.org....the return rate is quite high!!! :laugh: