2006 top 12 standings

You know what I'm going to say it, to me it's more interesting to see a more unpredictable championship. Now since most people put The Cavaliers as their top prediction of 06's champions, having them win would fit that "predictablity." It's an itch to me.

So in sum :) I hope someone new wins.

Ohh . . . There's plenty of people who don't want The Cavaliers to win.

I would love it if they did . . .

IF they deserve it.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like your thinking!

This Bluecoats group is on the move. In 2004, all we heard was "with that young director, they are doomed." Well, under Dave Glasgow's directorship, the corps is seeing uncharted ground. The group is hungry. I, for one, would like to see an underdog move up. I thought Crown and Bluecoats would both do it in 05, maybe they both will in 06. But, I did pick Bluecoats 4th last year, so, if Bluecoats finish a place below my pick this year, all will be good by me.

Maybe its just me, but I want a corps, any corps, to move up and shake the foundation. Its healthy for competition....just like in a market economy. I have said it before, and it bears repeating: The Bluecoats' slow move upward is not by accident or favortism.

1999 was a turning point for the group. The focus has been different ever since Do you remember the "toe-tapping" description of the corps in the late 80s and early 90s? DCA fans certainly do, as so much of that take on brass instruction, writing, and overall production was done from the perspective of life-long DCA members (72 G bugles ripping your face off....God, those were the days!) However, from a competitive standpoint in DCI, those days are long gone. They had to change focus. They are simply not looking to design a show that will finish in the the top 6--they are focusing on putting the absolute best product out there. Does anyone think that the Cavaliers, Phantom, or Cadets go into a season with the mindset that they want to make the Top 6? No. The Bluecoats now understand that philosophy.

It is a difference of perception, goals, and challenges. The Bluecoats are moving a mighty mountain--and many other corps will profit from it. I can only imagine what Star of Indiana must have been feeling in the late 80s. Not that I would compare the two, but Star did something amazing. Of course, there was reluctance at first--ask any 27 alum. Star did it, and they did it right. The Bluecoats are now doing things right. With the addition of Bret Kuhn, Drew Shanefield, and other talented staff members, I can only see this group going up.

Time will tell...

Elmo Blatch

nah, something tells me a yelling Viktor Tikhanov would be a better DM :P

Glad someone got it.

Yes, agreed....he'd fit better with SCV though. :)

1. Cavaliers

2. Bluecoats

3. Blue Devils

4. Phantom

5. Cadets

wake up man b**bs b**bs

your dreaming.

should be no problem passing CADETS , PHANTOM , AND BLUE DEVILS .

i dont know if i would call that for finals, but i could certainly see them making a very strong push the first half of the season, and a strong push at the end to end up 4th pushing 3rd or barely 3rd... i could see it... you simply cannot look at the amazing talent of their staff and the additions they have made and really expect anything but marked forward progress... you thought 2005 was good (i did)... on paper, at least... 2006 is gonna be yet another step up... and you know... there aren't that many steps left from 5th to 3rd

and they were within a point of cadets AND phantom at points this past season until later in the season and ended up 0.8 back from BD... so dreaming... i think not... overly optimistic? he might be guilty of that as we all are from time to time...

my call

1. Cavaliers

2. Phantom

3. BD

4. The Cadets

5. Bluecoats

6. Crown

7. SCV

8. Madison

9. Blue Knights

10. Boston Crusaders

11. Glassmen

12. Spirit

--

13. Crossmen

14. Colts

15. Seattle

16. Southwind

17. Blue Stars

--

18. Captial Regiment

19. The Magic

20. Pacific Crest

21. Mandarins

22. Pioneer

23. Esperanza

24. Kiwanis Kavaliers

*DISCLAIMER* If I placed your corps lower then you think they should be, I'm sorry. I had a very hard time with these placements, and I am fully prepared for some corps to prove me completely wrong.

~>conner

Edited by PhantomR

What I think:

1. Phantom

2. Cavies

3. BD

4. The Cadets

5. Bluecoats

6. SCV

7. Madison

8. Crown

9. BAC

10. BK

11. Glassmen

12. Crossmen

--

13. Colts

14. Spirit

15. Southwind

16. Seattle

17. Cap. Reg.

--

18. PC

19. Blue Stars

20. Magic

21. Mandarins

22. Kiwanis Kavaliers

23. Esperanza

24. Pioneer

Well, I at least think I got the groupings right.

Well, I at least think I got the groupings right.

that's about the only thing I think I got right as well.

~>conner

you thought 2005 was good (i did)... on paper, at least... 2006 is gonna be yet another step up... and you know... there aren't that many steps left from 5th to 3rd

I thought 2005 was ok. good drill. but that was it for me.

better than corps below them and not close to the corps above them .

not talking paper.

there are not many steps left after 5th but they are the hardest by far.

others have tried and failed.

best of luck , but still dreaming.