2006 top 12 standings

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe there will be a division I world champion in 2006, and I believe they will come from the top 12 corps.

I believe we will know who the 2006 champions are when the final scores are announced.

I believe there will be a division II world champion, and most likely a Division III world champion.

I believe finals will be in Madison, WI this year.

I believe that drum corps will all travel lots of miles this year.

I believe it will be hot this summer.

I believe a few corps members will get sun tanned.

I believe some out on DCP will wax devinely on horn lines they haven't heard, or shows they haven't seen

If people keep citing the stupid 6 year rule as their reason for Blue Devils winning, I'm going to pull a Dane Cook and start stabbing people in the jaw.

Take it very lightheartedly. :) Seriously, we are mearly Blue Devils fans looking for as much hope as we can find. Of course, "6" is not a magic number. Nevertheless, I would advise against couting this corps out this year. 6 or no 6. That's my gut speaking, not just my biased tendancies. Of course, I could just need a tums is all. :P

I believe there will be a division I world champion in 2006, and I believe they will come from the top 12 corps.

I believe we will know who the 2006 champions are when the final scores are announced.

I believe there will be a division II world champion, and most likely a Division III world champion.

I believe some out on DCP will wax devinely on horn lines they haven't heard, or shows they haven't seen

YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!! b**bs b**bs b**bs How did you figure all of THAT out?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs

This is incredible!!!!! You must be psycho...I mean psychic.

Edited by torn8o

After seeing/hearing some stuff from this year, I have a revised list:

1 (3-way tie): Blue Devils, Cadets, Phantom. (It's way too close to call right now. Blue Devils are finally doing something different, and the talent is there this year, Cadets haven't changed anything, so no reason for them to do differently, and Phantom has been getting better and better each year (especially in the percussion and guard)).

4: Cavaliers. (New percussion people).

5 (tie): Bluecoats and Madison. (Bluecoats are getting better, but Madison is getting better, faster. Especially seeing as Madison's percussion is improving at a tremendous rate).

7: Crown. (Again, improving, but not fast enough to advance. Again, new percussion staff).

8: SCV. (They're going to have to work hard to get back to where they were. Especially with the new percussion staff).

9: Boston. (Nothing much has changed).

10: BK. (Haven't changed in awhile, and I haven't seen any reasons they should).

11: Glassmen. (They've been hovering around here for awhile).

12: Crossmen. (They have the book this year).

I think this year it will come down to percussion. Many corps are finally settling down with their new percussion staffs (Phantom, Cavies, Madison, Crown, SCV).

i can tell this took time and i am betting this is going to be the closest guess to the real deal

I think someone already said this a few months ago :P

>First, Star & Crown. Different corps, different eras. However, Crown is quickly developing "Star like" qualities such as superior horn sound, a Top 6 guard year after year, and a percussion section that will be the most improved of 2006. Crown has always been innovative. Arguably one of the most innovative in the modern era.

I am not sure which DVD or CD recording some of you folks are listening to, but my 2005 DCI CD of Crown is outstanding. It is a refreshing change to hear "consistent" pitch center and beautiful tone quality that has been lacking in allot of shows during the past 5-7 years. Sure, there were many great shows from all corps, as no one in division 1, 2, or 3 were chumps. It was my first summer in many years that I liked every show in the top twelve. Last year was one of the best finals I have ever attended, and I have atteneded many.

It is time some of you Crown haters acknowledge that they are on the move. I am no Crown bot, but I see incredible momentum growing on the horizon for this corps, and to count them out of the top six this summer would be a huge mistake.

Since we are palying the guessing game, with no real knowledge of how the twelve will shake out this year, and not having heard anything other than some video and MP3's of a few corps, I will throw my predictions out there.

1) Phantom Regiment

2 The Cadets

3) Blue Devils

4) The Cavaliers

5) Bluecoats

6) Carolina Crown

7) Madison Scouts

8) Santa Clara Vangurad

9) Blue Knights

10) Boston Crusaders

11) Colts

12) Crossmen

13) Capital regiment

14) Glassmen

15) Spirit Of JSU

16) Seattle Cascades

17) Pacific Crest

I couldn't agree more, I have them as high as 5.

i can tell this took time and i am betting this is going to be the closest guess to the real deal

Except for the tie at the top, Pretty sure thats not going to happen. It probally did take a lot of time though.

Except for the tie at the top, Pretty sure thats not going to happen. It probally did take a lot of time though.

It didn't take a lot of time to make the chart, but rather to gather all the info from my contacts in the drumming world (I know several percussionists in the Cadets and I saw their book, a member of the Crossmen drumline, a member of the the Madison Scouts drumline and I saw some book, and a tech at Carolina Crown).