Responses you get when

I also played that tape through a friend's system. If you are familiar with a piece of equipment called the Ampzilla...

No....but even without the description, the name kinda gives the game away!

You just made me think of the opening scenes in "Back to the Future".....heh

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rock:

I never got to experience the dorm thing, but like ravedodger, I had some fun in the Army.

While I was stationed at Ft. Lewis, WA I was an OJT with the 9th Infantry Division Band. I had a bunch of cassettes with all kinds of drum corps on it. There were a number of us that were fans, and one of our trumpet players had marched SCV from 72-74 (Jeff Gottwig). He had the 74 & 75 albums and we would be in a nearly empty barracks with this big stereo cranked up..Since the building was right across the street from the AG Company's barracks, you should have heard and seen some of the non-musician types come over and tell us to turn that s**t down...Then they would go put on their Harold Melvin or Chi-lites tunes and start singing along.

At least we didn't sing..Until we put on Tower of Power, THEN we were cool.

Pat

person: "dude, you're still into that marching band stuff?"

Eddie: "huh?"

person: "I thought people grew out of that after high school"

:rock:

:worthy:

I never got to experience the dorm thing, but like ravedodger, I had some fun in the Army.

While I was stationed at Ft. Lewis, WA I was an OJT with the 9th Infantry Division Band. I had a bunch of cassettes with all kinds of drum corps on it. There were a number of us that were fans, and one of our trumpet players had marched SCV from 72-74 (Jeff Gottwig). He had the 74 & 75 albums and we would be in a nearly empty barracks with this big stereo cranked up..Since the building was right across the street from the AG Company's barracks, you should have heard and seen some of the non-musician types come over and tell us to turn that s**t down...Then they would go put on their Harold Melvin or Chi-lites tunes and start singing along.

Heh....sounds like the dueling songs scene in "Casablanca"!

Whenever I put in the DVD's I leave my door open and by the time the first show is through Ihave about 1/2 of my floor in my room watching amazed that people march and that I march. I've never had any bad responses to it, everyone is open to it and think it is pretty cool.

I have my small collection of shows AND music that I watch/listen to constantly. My roomie had no clue what drum corps was until I informed her...and she even enjoys watching some of the shows with me. She sometimes plays music that a corps has done in the past so of course I HAVE to show her that show. She gets a kick out of it...even sometimes wishes she could do it. :P

Everyone else on the floor (even in the whole building) doesn't think much of it. They think it's cool that I march but that's about it. They always know when I'm home though because they can hear drum corps blasting! :)

Edited by chicasDiGArri411