Responses you get when

From my roommate who plays Trombone in the marching band... "Why don't they just add woodwinds and call it marching band?"... followed by my shutting my door.

Yesterday on the shuttle from campus to my housing complex I saw a kid wearing a Seattle Cascades hoodie. I wanted to run out and ask him if he marched this past summer seeing as how we were both living in Orlando, but alas the shuttle was in motion.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm particularly fond of blasting it in my car with the windows down...nothing better than some Blue Devils jazz going on as you're cruising.

I've gotten some of the strangest loks from entire families in minivans doing that.

Also, I had someone ask me "why the #### are you playing Mozart?" while listening to drum corps. Yeah, this person is a little slow at times...

I'm at the University of North Texas

Ever meet Kayla Murphy or Laura Peek? Two friends from my marching band days, I'm trying to remember if anyone else ended up there...

I usually got the "is that our marching band?" question...EVEN WITH VIDEOS. Didn't get a chance to live in the music dorms...they opened them up the semester after I got a real house.

My favorite:

"Is that us (our marching band)?"

"Yeah, before you joined."

Edited by BanditKir

I never had to live in the dorms at college, but when I lived in the barracks while in the army I heard comments like "this music makes me want to go get a hot dog and nachos (a half-time allusion that I almost missed :P).

My favorite thing to do was blast the end of 91 SCV on my huge system in the barracks. The "choppers" sounded just like a couple UH-1's flying over the barracks. The barracks "rats" thought that was cool.

Edited by ravedodger

My favorite thing to do was blast the end of 91 SCV on my huge system in the barracks. The "choppers" sounded just like a couple UH-1's flying over the barracks. The barracks "rats" thought that was cool.

Man....how mahy flashbacks did you cause THERE??

Well I have a story...

I was in the Athletic Dorm at Ole Miss. Two doors down was Deuce McCalister who is now the starting running back with the New Orleans Saints.

One morning Deuce (Who is a very nice guy BTW) was blasting some Master P. This was a daily thing for him and my room mate and I where sick of it. I went over to my MONSTER of a stereo and poped in 96 Blue Devils and shooked the pictures of my wall.

After the loud intro, Deuce called my room (which is easy to figure out because the last two numbers is 4 less then his) and said "Ok, I'll turn my down."