Responses you get when

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm particularly fond of blasting it in my car with the windows down...nothing better than some Blue Devils jazz going on as you're cruising.

:laugh: I was just doin' that today. I've been diggin' the '87 Harlem Nocturne solo and had it cranked. Lots of turning heads in those other cars...

i normaly play it in my car(since i goto a community college right now so no dorm life for me.) but i'm good for driving into school with something drum corp playing(hornline warm ups, drum line warm ups, parking lot tunes, field showes ect.)and even i normaly get atlest one odd look. the most anyone has ever said was one kid came up to me because i had my corp jacket on and asked me about it. but while i was recruiting this past fall at local band shows it seems like there are alot of kids who are at my brance of the community college who know about drum corp so going back in a week should be pretty interesting to see if i run into any of them.

i normaly play it in my car(since i goto a community college right now so no dorm life for me.) but i'm good for driving into school with something drum corp playing(hornline warm ups, drum line warm ups, parking lot tunes, field showes ect.)and even i normaly get atlest one odd look. the most anyone has ever said was one kid came up to me because i had my corp jacket on and asked me about it. but while i was recruiting this past fall at local band shows it seems like there are alot of kids who are at my brance of the community college who know about drum corp so going back in a week should be pretty interesting to see if i run into any of them.

my door is usually open at night when i'm in my room, and on the front of my door is a small picture that's a copy of the cover of the DVD from my corps. i'm next to the stairs, and when the RA came up to lock the trash chute at night, he paused by my door and looked in at me...i asked if i could help him with something and he said "oh no, just looking at your picture...my brother did stuff like that"

it's fun, because the practice fields that the marching band uses are essentially the front yard of my dorm, so everyone rather hates us when we have practice on saturday mornings :P

I lived in Brazil for about two years and I made it a point to open the windows of my house and blast drum corps, Bill Chase and other tastey musical selections to educate my neighbors. I never heard any negatives although my portuguese is not as good as I would like so Im not sure I would understand if someone was yelling at me or not!

:P

I am a music major at Cleveland State University. My roommate is not a musician, and niether is anybody else on my floor. I was watching the ESPN broadcast in my room and a bunch of my roommate's friends were in the room too. They overheard me talking to my friend about it while Phantom was on and started saying "What are you talking about? This isn't athletic!!" :rock: How frustrating. Nobody would ever say that about certain other activities. But at least I go to school with a guy that marches Glassmen, so I'm not completely isolated.

Something really funny happened in jazz ensemble rehearsal today. Halfway through rehearsal I guess all the other trumpet players' legs were tired and they sat down. Yeah I know, boo hoo. Of course I remained standing as I always do. So my director looked at me and said "What, you're not going to sit down like the rest of your lazy section?" Of course I said no. Then he laughed and said "Oh that's right, Evan isn't comfortable playing unless he's running backwards!" :lolhit:

Well I have a story...

I was in the Athletic Dorm at Ole Miss. Two doors down was Deuce McCalister who is now the starting running back with the New Orleans Saints.

One morning Deuce (Who is a very nice guy BTW) was blasting some Master P. This was a daily thing for him and my room mate and I where sick of it. I went over to my MONSTER of a stereo and poped in 96 Blue Devils and shooked the pictures of my wall.

After the loud intro, Deuce called my room (which is easy to figure out because the last two numbers is 4 less then his) and said "Ok, I'll turn my down."

I've had a very similar experience. A guy down the hall with some pretty loud R&B, and me trumping him with 79 Blue Devils.

I also played that tape through a friend's system. If you are familiar with a piece of equipment called the Ampzilla, this is the guy who designed it, and the prototype was in his house. Now, the house sits on pedestals, and the speaker system was suspended on ladders. Some pretty free resonance going on. When I parked myself in front of this thing, the imaging was amazing. You could close your eyes and "see" the movement as individual players or sections "moved". Absolutely the closest thing to being at a live show I ever experienced.

They were constantly having to move the furniture back and replace windows because of the power and free resonance of that thing.

Garry