People we greatly miss.............

Parks is still the band director of UMass (Well at least the last I heard from him, maybe about 4-5 years ago)

I wonder if he can still send a mace into the stratosphere.... I rememeber his last DCA show....the infamous 87 rainfest at Allentown.

The big toss was in a 4 count break in "Procession of Bachhus" -- the closer. Camera shot was high camera.....he #### near threw it out of the shot...and caught it right on the beat!!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone early on asked "whatever happened to George Parks" and was never answered... for these many years, George remains director of bands for the University of Massachusetts - hardly looks any different than he did the last time he threw that mace and is an all around great guy... and yes, U Mass may be the best college marching band in the country...

Tom,

I'd say my friend George has "changed" just a little....

1981 DCA's

s9bf.th.jpg

7/5/2005

07052005georgeparks7rq.th.jpg

Tony B)

shorter hair

other than that... looks the same to me

shorter hair

other than that... looks the same to me

How about "less" hair, as in no facial hair? b**bs

(that's why the "changed" is in quotes....)

And I agree, George has aged very little and what he has, he has very well. :blink:

B)

Edited by TennTux

My brother Brian

March 14th is the one year anniversary of his death at the age of 32. He made us smile and through the past 32 years. I have two other brothers and a sister but Brian was extra special. I was the oldest and he the youngest and I took to whatever I could...holding on to him to go to our season ticket seats to see the Buffalo Sabres. Taking him to see NSYNC, with backstage passes. Miss ya Brian!

Unrelated to DCA but...Roger DeLoza (Freelancers soprano soloist 87-88 and Magik Kingdom Korps 93-95). Passed away at age 27. He was a "big brother figure" as well as just plain old "best friend" to me when I was in the Freelancers at 14 and 15 years old and not a day goes by where I don't wish I could just hang out with him one more time.