Voice Coach Needed for Cadets

Byron

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, this is the exact reason for the thread I started yesterday. WHY???? WHY????WHY does it have to be DCI against DCA or DCA against DCI (however you want to look at it)? Why can't we just all enjoy and respect both? BOTH....(listen to this one Tubaman even though I'm not ONLY talking to you)...repeat...BOTH appeal to a wide audience due to each corps having a very unique approach of their own. Find what you like in both and just enjoy it rather than use your prefered circuit as a protesting tool!

Tubaman, I feel your pain here but understand that now you are resorting to picking on DCA in retaliation. What does that accomplish? Fire is fought with water - not fire.

Where the #### am i picking on DCA??..i just said that I personally prefer DCI corps to DCA..

MY cup of tea.

I have never hated on DCA corps. Like I said..they do what they do very well. I DO respect both..but I prefer to watch and be involved in DCI..very simple!

You guys are trying to put words into my mouth!

My beef is with those who for their own reasons dont like the direction of the conversation and will not let us forget it. Those that ##### constantly about diverse opinions, freedom of speech, etc. Those that ##### for the sake of #####ing.

If they don't like what they are doing in DCP, and don't plan to post in any threads...good for them. Just remember there are plenty of us who like it just fine and enjoy the DCP experience. JUST LEAVE US IN PEACE. Go to (insert name of other discussion group here). Subscribe to DCI Today. JUST LET ME ENJOY MY DCP TOO!

good..free country and all that ########..

I guess we will argue forever.

Edited by tubamann

"If you don't have anything nice to day, don't say anything at all". (Yes, I know a forum is for discussing, but the random #####ing is getting on my nerves.)

I am a current DCA member who grew up watching DCM shows live and DCI shows on TV. I have loved most of what I have seen. Some new stuff I liked, some I didn't. I played some stuff over and over and over again, or traveled hours to see groups out of state.

For stuff I didn't like, I would appriciate how much work went into the idea-costumes, music, marching, guard work, and everything else. I would never boo in a stadium or bash anyone in a public forum that I knew worked hours on something and tried it just try and entertain me and 1000s of my closest friends. I may not buy a CD that year-big deal.

DCI, DCA, BOA, whatever-everyone is working hard to entertain us. Quit putting ANY group down-it makes all musicans look bad. (Not to mention that many of us have belonged to more than one performing group in our lives.) With all the cuts in music education and the lack of time everyone has, I am greatful for any group that can get together and do any kind of show-it keeps me from sitting on the computer or wasting time in other ways. Any "bad" drum corps show is still better than 95% of what's on TV!

If a vocal coach is what the Cadets need to bring out the best in the kids, then I say bring it on! I will not pass judgement until I see it, and if I don't like it I will focus on the stuff that I really loved instead.

Barbara Wendt

Govies 1996

Gulf Coast Sound 2005-2006 and beyond...

www.gulfcoastsound.org

"If you don't have anything nice to day, don't say anything at all". (Yes, I know a forum is for discussing, but the random #####ing is getting on my nerves.)

I am a current DCA member who grew up watching DCM shows live and DCI shows on TV. I have loved most of what I have seen. Some new stuff I liked, some I didn't. I played some stuff over and over and over again, or traveled hours to see groups out of state.

For stuff I didn't like, I would appriciate how much work went into the idea-costumes, music, marching, guard work, and everything else. I would never boo in a stadium or bash anyone in a public forum that I knew worked hours on something and tried it just try and entertain me and 1000s of my closest friends. I may not buy a CD that year-big deal.

DCI, DCA, BOA, whatever-everyone is working hard to entertain us. Quit putting ANY group down-it makes all musicans look bad. (Not to mention that many of us have belonged to more than one performing group in our lives.) With all the cuts in music education and the lack of time everyone has, I am greatful for any group that can get together and do any kind of show-it keeps me from sitting on the computer or wasting time in other ways. Any "bad" drum corps show is still better than 95% of what's on TV!

If a vocal coach is what the Cadets need to bring out the best in the kids, then I say bring it on! I will not pass judgement until I see it, and if I don't like it I will focus on the stuff that I really loved instead.

Barbara Wendt

Govies 1996

Gulf Coast Sound 2005-2006 and beyond...

www.gulfcoastsound.org

That openmindedness and logical thinking won't get you anywhere around here missy!

I don't see why this is a big deal.

If you can have vocalists under DCI rules, why shouldn't the defending World Champion take every step possible to ensure that the vocalist(s) are as good as they can possibly be?

The Cadets scored a 517 at Finals last year. I think they should get the benefit of the doubt.

Lee

p.s. 1988 Logan High School.

Marching Band + Rock and Roll + Vocalists = one of the best marching band shows ever.

p.s. 1988 Logan High School.

Marching Band + Rock and Roll + Vocalists = one of the best marching band shows ever.

Too bad we're talking about drum corps, though...and comparing high schools to them.

Oh, well. Brave new world, and all that. :)

Except for the "New" part. Again, the two have been "borrowing" back and forth for a very long time. I remember seeing SCV's '91 show for the first time. It "borrowed" several idea from a band I competed against in '90, Beyer High, out of Modesto, CA. Lots more examples out there.

Except for the "New" part. Again, the two have been "borrowing" back and forth for a very long time. I remember seeing SCV's '91 show for the first time. It "borrowed" several idea from a band I competed against in '90, Beyer High, out of Modesto, CA. Lots more examples out there.

Been down this road before.

Yes, there has always been borrowing back and forth...but it's at a far higher degree lately, it seems. Maybe it's because I watched all of BOA Grand Nationals this year, and noticed it more.

No argument, really...just more of an observation.

Pizza is still good. :)

well just lemme know what Tarpons doing so i know what to expect tosee Boston do later :P