Voice Coach Needed for Cadets

Byron

It comes down to this I suppose:

The amplified singing isn't going anywhere. Doesn't matter whether anyone likes it or not; it's going to be on the field in at least one show. Doesn't matter whether "that's not drum corps" or whether it's a much needed "innovation". Vocals via amps are here. If you think it's killing the activity, great. If you think it's helping, great. This isn't really about the moral correctness of amps or singing (that's not even a valid question in today's environment)...it's about the fact that both are used/becoming more common.

The question that remains is...Would you rather listen to a higher or lower quality of singing through those said amps (this is not a pro/against amp threadjack)? IMO, I'd rather hear a higher quality coached singer rather than a lower quality uncoached singer. Hiring a staff member to assist this isn't going to make the singer worse than they were to start out with and has a 99.15 percent chance of in fact making him or her better. So why not? If you are against the hiring of said staff member, it appears that you are against higher quality performance no matter what you feel drum corps "is" or "isn't".

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My beef is with those who for their own reasons dont like the direction of the Junior side and will not let us forget it. Those that ##### constantly about concepts, rules shows, etc. Those that ##### for the sake of #####ing.

If they don't like what they are doing in Addison, and don't plant to attend any shows...good for them. Just remember there are plenty of us who like it just fine and enjoy the DCI experience. JUST LEAVE US IN PEACE. Go to DCA. Join an alumni corps. JUST LET ME ENJOY MY DRUMCORPS TOO!

My beef is with those who for their own reasons dont like the direction of the conversation and will not let us forget it. Those that ##### constantly about diverse opinions, freedom of speech, etc. Those that ##### for the sake of #####ing.

If they don't like what they are doing in DCP, and don't plan to post in any threads...good for them. Just remember there are plenty of us who like it just fine and enjoy the DCP experience. JUST LEAVE US IN PEACE. Go to (insert name of other discussion group here). Subscribe to DCI Today. JUST LET ME ENJOY MY DCP TOO!

So, the Cadets are hiring a vocal coach? Amen! (Come on, who gets that one??)

My first year in the Cavaliers, we opened our show singing. Who remembers Madison's Strawberry Soup?

People are taking over DCI now that want to change things? You're right, George Hopkins is fairly new to the activity...

As far as DCA getting younger, I don't think anyone of drum corps age is concerned with the changes that have been going on in drum corps since BEFORE THEY WERE BORN. I'm betting it has to do more with time, geographical, and financial constraints.

I like pizza, too, but as I get older, I can afford to have less and less!

It comes down to this I suppose:

The amplified singing isn't going anywhere. Doesn't matter whether anyone likes it or not; it's going to be on the field in at least one show. Doesn't matter whether "that's not drum corps" or whether it's a much needed "innovation". Vocals via amps are here. If you think it's killing the activity, great. If you think it's helping, great. This isn't really about the moral correctness of amps or singing (that's not even a valid question in today's environment)...it's about the fact that both are used/becoming more common.

The question that remains is...Would you rather listen to a higher or lower quality of singing through those said amps (this is not a pro/against amp threadjack)? IMO, I'd rather hear a higher quality coached singer rather than a lower quality uncoached singer. Hiring a staff member to assist this isn't going to make the singer worse than they were to start out with and has a 99.15 percent chance of in fact making him or her better. So why not? If you are against the hiring of said staff member, it appears that you are against higher quality performance no matter what you feel drum corps "is" or "isn't".

if forced to listen to it, i agree make it good quality. remove it all together and we'll all be happy

if forced to listen to it, i agree make it good quality. remove it all together and we'll all be happy

It's not gonna happen

...you will still find something to complain about

and you still say anyone who has any disagreement with drum corps hates drum corps.

DCP has an ignore feature, check it out.

It's not gonna happen

maybe, maybe not. stranger things have happened.

I mean, i remember hearing we wouldn't see Orlando again as a finals site :P

So, how about those Lakers?
They went downhill as soon as Kobe started singing. :P ^0^

<sorry...couldn't stop myself>