Madison Alumni Corps

.. It just seemed like a good day to lay on the big chair and watch bad Kung Fu movies, instead.. :grouphug:

OH MAN... bad old Kung Fu movies????????? I am so there...

I can't believe you cranked those up without me...

calling you. :silly:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is she implying that Shaolin Soccer is a bad Kung Fu movie????!!!!!

I would love it if all the alumni corps that are planning on playing DCI in any of the coming years could get together and compete....tic system at noon! ^0^

Shaolin soccer rules.

Is she implying that Shaolin Soccer is a bad Kung Fu movie????!!!!!

Dude.

HE posted that picture.

You didn't sit there and watch Shaolin Posse with us... the one that got all the way to the big climactic ending when the bad guy is in a corner with terror in his eyes.. and the movie ENDS.

abruptly.

And you also were not watching Kung Fu Zombie with us.. because dude.. that was some serious bad kung-fu movie makin fun. The fight scenes ruled, though.

And Mike says: Your kung fu is no good. Chinese boxing!

and I have no idea what the #### that means... but it was his bidding and I am here to do his bidding. So says the mark on my back.

(you'll have to ask him about that).

Stef

e0a13c55.jpg

Hey! It's our own DCP photo submitter rrheinlen (Roma) and moi'! What a cutey! ^OO^

Yes, Geno, you really ARE a cutey! :)

Hey! It's our own DCP photo submitter rrheinlen (Roma) and moi'! What a cutey! ^OO^

OK...wait a minute...that came out wrong on my part... duh.

But thanks Roma. What I MEANT was... b**bs

If you havent seen Kung Fu Hustle yet (same stars, and director) you should. Shaolin Soccer and KF Hustle unlike most martial arts themed movies made in China, actually have logical endings.

If I may.........

I'd like to share some of my observations of this glorious, emotional weekend.

David and I were on our 11 hour return trip back to Oklahoma, and we were just euphoric. After talking non-stop about the weekend for 5 hours, we decided to turn on the radio. Found Laura Ingraham, whom we normally enjoy, and here comes bla-bla-bla about the Port thing, and the Arabs, and bla-bla-bla. We looked at each other, and I said, "You know, David, we've been living a fantasy all weekend, and I'm not ready to go back to the real world." His reply? "You know, this WAS a fantasy, and now it's reality."

So back we went to rehashing every moment of the 1st reunion of some seriously talented and legendary men.

Just being in the same building with these men was a blessing. I must say, I certainly felt like a groupie again. I mentioned to Lynne Navis that it just wouldn't be a Scouts rehearsal without some females swooning and giggling in the corner! These guys are still seriously hot! :grouphug:

As to the music, oh, THE MUSIC. I spent the entire weekend with chills covering my entire body. I do not have the words to describe what I heard. Suffice to say, the world has never heard anything like it. BUT THEY WILL!

The men who are voluntarily giving their time to pull these guys together are some of the most legendary and skilled instructors in the Drum Corps and musical world. :silly: They set the tone perfectly. There was brotherhood, humor, joy, and seriously hard work.

So many of us, Scouts and fans alike, have waited many, many years for this. THE TIME HAS COME. On August 11, 2006, the Drum Corps world will hear and see the true Scouts Mystique live and in person.

You know, even after a exhausting weekend and long drive home, we still sat up until midnight, reminiscing and living the dream. The Scouts are doing this for themselves, yes, but they are also doing this for those of us fans who adore them.

What I MEANT was... b**bs

And what I meant was..... :grouphug:

But don't tell David! :devin:

I so hope they wear the uniforms from the 80's!

This would be an incredible thing to see! Keep us posted with updates and photos, please!

Sally

e0a13c55.jpg

I agree with you, Roma... he really IS a cutey!!

Do promise to post a picture of him in his uniform when the time comes.. please please please??

:grouphug:

Stef