Brace yourselves...

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not as bad as I thought. I actually kinda like it. As long as its choral I won't kill myself...for now.

I liked some of it, but I was left wondering what would've happened if it were a brass solo or something more innovative. I guess we'll never know.

It's been posted on the front page of DCP all day.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com

I guess I tend to miss that since I have the DCI forums bookmarked and just click there.

Just curious, if Hopkins wanted to send it out to his donors first and let the general public hear it wednesday, why did DCP take it upon themselves to post it on their site?

I can't wait to see how this is put on the field. It seems to be a very layered show. Now I may have missed this somewhere along the line, but where is this song from? Is it an original?

Nah, it's from the "Mirror Pool" (the whole "Through The Looking Glass/Alice" correlation..)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...4213676-4065209

edit: this link is to the US amazon listing with sound clips...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000002MY...5Fencoding=UTF8

Track 4, "Sanvean/I Am Your Shadow"

Funny that she's on the 4AD label...one of my favorite bands , Lush, is too...I wonder if I can get Hop to do one of their tunes next year? :P

Edited by bawker

I can't wait to see how this is put on the field. It seems to be a very layered show. Now I may have missed this somewhere along the line, but where is this song from? Is it an original?

Lisa Gerrard was it? I don't remember 100%, but it's not original.

Edit: Poopy, Bawker beat me to it. Oh well.

And to whomever mentioned it being so low, I think that's to keep more with the feel of the original piece. If they're keeping to the original piece, though, that leads me back to my question about choice of voice . . . sorry about the rhyme. The voice just doesn't seem pure enough (and it's not amp problems that I'm picking out mostly, it's the voice itself). Like I mentioned though, maybe a straight-tone sound would pull out the rasp I'm hearing from the voice (can't do anything about the same from an amp though) and help it blend with the brass. After all, how well would the brass blend if everyone tried to play with vibrato?

Edited by Nex

After hearing the voice clip I know I'll be heading to the exit before the Cadets hit the field. I thoguht it was awful and does not belong in drumcorps. <**>

Then again drumcorps died a few years ago.

I dunno that it's dead yet. Some stuff going on that you (and I and some others as well, I imagine) don't really like all that much, but I can't imagine there isn't at least one show to look forward to this year.

There's still some stuff to like. What about BD doing "Godfather" or, at the very least, some of the DCA shows coming up?