Brace yourselves...

I am a purist who would love no electronics in drum corps, period!

BUT!!! (and that's a big but, Ha! :P )

I like this! It doesn't cover up the horns, it is another extension of the music. I have seen several movies listed earlier in this thread, but this seems like this could be something from a Highlander or Braveheart movie, sort of a Scottish/Irish romantic theme. Can't wait to hear this live and see how the blend works!

You know, I have to agree wholeheartedly. This has a lot of potential, and I really like it. Just as a disclaimer, I would like to add that the closest thing that I have come to donating to YEA was the one time last year when I bought tickets for the Eastern Classic off their website. Hey, they were better then the ones on the DCI site, so what was I supposed to do? :P

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thumbs up on the clip. I've never had a problem with singing in corps. Some have done it pre-amp, and The Cadets are just using the amp to their advantage. I just dislike the human voice in corps when it is TALKING on mic (ie yowza yowza etc, twilight zone etc). Sing away.

The Cadets are on board, who is next? Singing (non lyrically) has always been a big part of Pat Metheny tunes, maybe the Crossmen will jump on board with this "new" device?

Yowza.

I dont know if others have said it before,but the clip has a quality similar to a lot of Cirque du Soleil material.Its new its different.

As an interesting aside about 10 years ago I worked with a school marching band that used vocalists,singling lyrics with the band. George Hopkins was at one of our practices, At that time he wasn't sure how to improve or fix the product or the issues it had. I guess he found a way.

Edited by KenDrum