Serenade In Brass

Liz...#8 complete (for now)

Sorry you never heard of "Serenade In Brass". This is their 31st year. Thanks to Larry Hershman (and I'm sure many Corps' members from WestShoremen). To be invited to this show as a performing group is like being invited to the White House (except for right now). If I'm not mistaken, and Im sure I'll be corrected, participating Corps' are usually never invited back 2 years in a row and they have stuck to that principle.

I think this will be our 4th appearance since 1996 . Could be wrong but in any event they run a great show

and I'm sure I speak for the ERIE THUNDERBIRDS as a whole that we are excited to be invited back

and if you're not DANCING IN THE AISLES during our show..........................(said to much .....#### gotta Pee again)

you are indeed incorrect. many corps have been invited back many years in a row. Not sure why some faces aren't invited more often, but that's the way Larry does it, and i refuse to argue with him or he'll see to it my seats suck next year:P

and this is THE standstill show of the year. No offense to anyone else who runs one, especially those I have been to as a performer or staff member, but it's the best run in an awesome facility. even the traffic jams in the back hallway are fun because you always see someone you know going by.

I have been to every SIB. with Hershey now gone, this is my home show. To me, pulling up every April is like going home again. It is where I was able to see dad play, and he in turn saw me play ( and still does). it's where I proposed to my wife. It's where i first owed Ponzo beer. I met Liz and Glen there for the first time.

to me, it's like once i hit the Forum, all is right in the world.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the tradition has been that no corps (except the military academies and Marines, Reading corps and Westshoreman) is invited more than two consecutive years.

I think Hip Pickles and St Joes have also broken that rule.

The weather the day of the Serenade has been pretty cooperative the past couple of years, but I remember a time in the 1990's when it seemed that every year, no matter on what date the show was held, the weather would be some combination of cold, rain and wind. It was always nice to get inside the Forum and get warm!!!!!!

Fran

you are correct sir. I notice the weather began to be nice in 2002, the first year of the Westshoremen Alumni corps

B)

Man! Only one month till the first show! Hard to believe it's almost here. Goosebumps starting already. Can't wait to return to the forum. T-Birds will be ready and will be entertaining!

The most incredible thing happened to me at the Forum. At our last visit in 2002, I went out to play a solo and stood right at the front of the stage. That spot must have been in the absolute perfect "focal point" in the room, because when I played, it sounded like I was wearing headphones, the sound was right inside my head! It was the most incredible thing I've ever heard!

Walking back to the line, I must have had quite the look on my face, Tom Davenport asked if I was alright. I told him what had happened and to stand exactly where I did when he solo'd. He did and when he started back to the line, he had the same look on his face!

Anybody else experience this at the Form?

yes. every year, the basses get dumped in the back by the organ pipes. the reverb is amazing....and deafening

I met Liz and Glen there for the first time.

yeah ~ i had that "Connecticut accent". :worthy:

My first thought was always ..."I wonder where I can get some "G"?"

My first thought was always ..."I wonder where I can get some "G"?"

Try CVS....(and I'm not refering to a DC from Atlanta) b**bs (Ha........I kill me......)

I notice the weather began to be nice in 2002, the first year of the Westshoremen Alumni corps

Coincidence?

I think not. :P

Fran

To me, pulling up every April is like going home again. It is where I was able to see dad play, and he in turn saw me play ( and still does). it's where I proposed to my wife. It's where i first owed Ponzo beer. I met Liz and Glen there for the first time.

to me, it's like once i hit the Forum, all is right in the world.

Jeff,

I know what you mean. Serenade was my first drum corps show in 1985. I knew nothing about drum corps other than the few Steel City rehearsals I had been to. Man, what a great introduction to the activity. I love the hype outside when the weather is decent with eveyone warming up on the capitol complex lawns.

yeah the neighbors love it when we warm up at 9 am :P