The NEXT next step

Since we are in the age of bashing junior and DCI corps specifically for no good reason other than "it's not drum corps because it's not the way it was when I marched" and the such, let's take it further.

How about every day, we have another bitter old guy start another thread about how much they really hate amps, singing, modern drill, modern uniforms, lack of retreat, lack of color presentations, lack of military bearing, lack of "good music," so all the usual suspects can get on here and flap their wings and crow about how great it was "back in the day?"

How about every day, you guys do that and we just continue to push real conversation about junior drum corps elsewhere... let's just KEEP sending the impression to all the young people who ever visited, read and started to participate before they got shouted down about how much THEIR DRUM CORPS SUCKS to other sites.. or just AWAY from conversations about drum corps in general?

Can we do that? Huh? Pretty please??

That would be AWESOME.. and you know.. I'm just having fun with it.. so all you "usual suspects" do come on here and tell me how I don't have a sense of humor and I should just grow a thicker skin.. blah blah blah.. I'm tired of you guys coming onto the junior forums and bashing junior corps.

Go bash junior corps in the privacy of your bathrooms over the sticky images of your 1975 DCI Yearbooks. I'm really over it.

And for the record, no, I'm not for OR against amps or narration or singing.

I'm just FOR drum corps. The way it was, the way it IS right now and the way it will be tomorrow.

Stef

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we are in the age of bashing junior and DCI corps specifically for no good reason other than "it's not drum corps because it's not the way it was when I marched" and the such, let's take it further.

How about every day, we have another bitter old guy start another thread about how much they really hate amps, singing, modern drill, modern uniforms, lack of retreat, lack of color presentations, lack of military bearing, lack of "good music," so all the usual suspects can get on here and flap their wings and crow about how great it was "back in the day?"

How about every day, you guys do that and we just continue to push real conversation about junior drum corps elsewhere... let's just KEEP sending the impression to all the young people who ever visited, read and started to participate before they got shouted down about how much THEIR DRUM CORPS SUCKS to other sites.. or just AWAY from conversations about drum corps in general?

That would be AWESOME.. and you know.. I'm just having fun with it.. so all you "usual suspects" do come on here and tell me how I don't have a sense of humor and I should just grow a thicker skin.. blah blah blah.. I'm tired of you guys coming onto the junior forums and bashing junior corps.

Go bash junior corps in the privacy of your bathrooms over the sticky images of your 1975 DCI Yearbooks. I'm really over it.

I'm just FOR drum corps. The way it was, the way it IS right now and the way it will be tomorrow.

Stef

Countdown to this thread being closed...

Oh, by the way, I agree with just about everything you said

Go bash junior corps in the privacy of your bathrooms over the sticky images of your 1975 DCI Yearbooks.

I wish I could find my '75 DCI yearbook. I think I might even be in it.

Isn't this the exact kind of post that the moderators shut down immediately because it adds nothing to the any conversation, and is just derogatory in nature?

Just asking, not disagreeing with you at all!

Stef

:wall:

And a double...

:wall::worthy:

...for your last two sentences.

Edited by torn8o

Isn't this the exact kind of post that the moderators shut down immediately

Once they see it. Unless there's gonna be one mod for every thread, you just hope it's done quickly.

And it will be closed, just my prediction!

No matter what topic is brought up, opinions will be voiced. I can't see how turning this forum into a DCI lovfest is going to make things better. Some change is good. Some change is bad. Opinions will be stated, and if you don't like them you don't have to read them.

Edited by MagicAlto99

Once they see it. Unless there's gonna be one mod for every thread, you just hope it's done quickly.

Start counting...... :P