1. 1. You decide

• 1993 Star
    • 2005 Cadets

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1993 Star no doubt.

I loved Cadets 05 throughout the season, but when I got home and watched the DVDs the show really lost its effect. I still love the ballad, but the closer is a mess, and liquid really doesn't do anything for me.

I'd take Cadets 93 over Cadets 05, as well.

What do you mean by more controversial? That Star lost or Cadets won? That the shows were so 'revolutionary?

Don't you realize a show has to be at least 10 years old before it's called REVOLUTIONARY!!?? It's just controversial until then. :P

And the more important question would be how was Star REVOLUTIONARY!?!? Other than playing unheard of music at about a mezzoforte to mezzopiano for 10 minutes? That is...until the end when they KICKED MY ###!! b**bs

And the more important question would be how was Star REVOLUTIONARY!?!? Other than playing unheard of music at about a mezzoforte to mezzopiano for 10 minutes? That is...until the end when they KICKED MY ###!! b**bs

Well, body movement for one, throughout the show...something that corps like the Blue Knights and others took and ran with in later years.

I'd also go so far as to say the "percussion break that wasn't a percussion break" in the show really was a different style of writing than we were used to at the time.

I don't think I was controversial. Different style but they didn't do anything that turned the activity in a great degree like what happened between 83-85. I love 2005 The Cadets and 1993 Star of Indiana, but honestly, those shows were out there but they were still "in the box". It's not like either of them started using woodwinds, god forbid, or had 3D drill with jet packs.

I mean they were clean, they got effect down, they scored very well. I don't see it being incredibly controversial, revolutionary, or ground breaking. Just different, not your everyday show (hate that term but it's appropriate in this context).

Edited by TommySopranoContra

I can't honestly see why everybody parralells Star 93 and Cadets 05 . . . I never could see how they were so simillar as to merit all of the discussion between them . . .

That said, Star 93. Definitely a demonstrations in brilliance and ways to make the audience either love you or hate you.

Edited by mello118

I can't honestly see why everybody parralells Star 93 and Cadets 05 . . . I never could see how they were so simillar as to merit all of the discussion between them . . .

I totally agree. Two completely opposite shows (visually and musically). But, I personally like Star '93 more.