Seattle Cascades Director Has Resigned

I hope those who read this can take the time to read the acutal letter.

Jimmy Fursman is an awesome guy, and I think him stepping in is a good thing for the corps. It's someone they know well, and someone who will understand the needs of the corps at this point. I support Dr. Sal Leone and his decision to resign, and I also applaud him for doing it at this point in the season, rather than waiting until the members hit the road.

I was fortunate enough to have marched under both Sal and Jimmys direction. This is what was best for Sal at this point in his life. Jimmy is a good leader and will manage the corps very well. For those of you who don't know Jimmy--he was pretty much the tour director/camp director in 2003 and 2005, etc..etc... and he did a darn good job with that.

Best of Luck to Sal Leone and his future endeavors. I'm quite sure he will still be around at somepoint! His daughter only marched in the corps for 8- 9 years! :-)

I think he did a great job, helping to put the corps into Finals in 2002...but I do have to say I had no idea he was CEO of a winery...and Silver Lake at that.

Cool. :)

Regardless, I'm sure the Cascades are in capable hands.

he can't be faulted at all. he did great things for the corps and set them up for the future.

Best of luck to Dr. Sal in the future and I thank him for his contibution to this thing we call, DRUM CORPS.

To the Cascades, best of luck finding your man, as we all know, good men are hard to find.

I look forward to seeing you on the field this summer. B)

Edited by ODBC

I would like to thank Sal for all that he has done for the Cascades and Drum Corps. Without his dedication, commitment, and vision there would most likely be no remaining Drum Corps in the Northwest. His efforts took a struggling Div 3 corps forward growing into the Div 1 finalist they were in 2002. The enormous amount of time and energy he and his family infused into the Cascades is amazing and won't be forgotten. We have been blessed by being a part of the Cascades family and knowing Sal. Anyone who has heard Sal speak from his heart about the Cascades understands his love for this Corps so this has to be a hard decision for him. No one will ever "bleed green" more that Sal.

Sal...thank you so much for your contribution to the Cascades and youth of the Northwest. Best wishes to you and Vicki in all future endeavors. You will be missed.

Thanks again..

Rick and Marilyn Thomas

I was fortunate enough to have marched under both Sal and Jimmys direction. This is what was best for Sal at this point in his life. Jimmy is a good leader and will manage the corps very well. For those of you who don't know Jimmy--he was pretty much the tour director/camp director in 2003 and 2005, etc..etc... and he did a darn good job with that.

This corps is in good hands!!!!!

he can't be faulted at all. he did great things for the corps and set them up for the future.

w/Stp: best of luck to sal, he's done great things in seattle :)