DCA Mid-America 2007

I'd think Louisville would be palatable to most of the DCA South units. Note that it is also likely to be one of the closest show opportunities for Mon Valley Express and LakeShoremen. Could be an interesting mix.

Hope you would pick one of the post-DCI weekends, 'cause then I know I could be there myself.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I would love to go ALL over for shows. But it is so hard to pull off with an All age Corps. The cost alone would be a lot to handle for most if not all the corps. PLUS unlike junior corps we have to go back to WORK on Moinday morning and be productive!

I LOVE when corps like the Corpvets and Renegades make their way to our shows and I can only imagine the Logistics behind moving that many people. My hat goes off to all of them.

Unfortunately though I think Money definately plays the biggest factor.

"I know I would love to go ALL over for shows. But it is so hard to pull off with an All age Corps. The cost alone would be a lot to handle for most if not all the corps. PLUS unlike junior corps we have to go back to WORK on Moinday morning and be productive"

Yeah, it's a lot to handle, and it sure is expensive almost into four figures for us to be able to compete on the East Coast. Boy, going back to work on Monday morning IS a drag after being on a plane all night.

"I LOVE when corps like the Corpvets and Renegades make their way to our shows and I can only imagine the Logistics behind moving that many people. My hat goes off to all of them"

I'm glad you appreciate our prescence, and we are privileged to be a part of your shows playing side by side. It is the biggest rush for us, one we can't put into words.

"Unfortunately though I think Money definately plays the biggest factor."

It sure does. But, since it's pretty much what we have to deal with every single year, it's normality for us. Which makes it difficult to hear complaining from the other direction.

Edited by ContraRich77

the cool thing about the NC show last year was you had calfornia, NE corps and Southern corps. if a midwest corps had made it, it would have been perfect.

i remember going to a show in Chicago in 89...the logistics were insane. i i applaud every corps who takes the gamble