DCA Mid-America 2007

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has come up several times, in a couple different threads.

But in all seriousness, if there were to be a large Mid-America show in Louisville, KY in August 2007 :blink: , who would be interested?

If they had minicorps, I'd be there for sure (either watching or playing (Ihope)). If not, I might just go anyway; it's only about a 6 hour drive from Atlanta (I think).

If they had minicorps, I'd be there for sure (either watching or playing (Ihope)). If not, I might just go anyway; it's only about a 6 hour drive from Atlanta (I think).

My map program shows it at about 6 1/2 hours but its more like a 7 hour ride.

My map program shows it at about 6 1/2 hours but its more like a 7 hour ride.

I drive it all the time, if you can hold your liquid and keep the drivers door shut its 6 1/2. Its not a bad drive at all, and I usually only make one stop. One of these days I will post a list of distances from all corps fairly close just to make it easy.

You know something.Your right. ^0^

Quite right. I'm forwarding George's post to Dan Acheson.

^0^ ^0^ ^0^

Quite right. I'm forwarding George's post to Dan Acheson.

^0^ ^0^ ^0^

Thanks Dawg..... :)

or, how about a major DCA show back in Dekalb, Ill.?

:worthy:

This stadium rocks and is very close to Chicago Metropolitan area. Nobody's real back yard. Kilties are close, but a friendly bunch.

I don't want to take anything away from the idea of a show in Louisville. Better yet, say, Louisville/Nashville in one weekend as suggested. If marketed and financed properly, it would be a huge boost for DCA-S.

Yet, I sure like the DCA DeKalb idea, Brent. Fans would come just because it's DeKalb. The NIU Huskie Stadium is not cheap, but what a fine drum corps site! Throw in some Tootsie Rolls, aim over the "Phasing City Wall," and you have a classic event. Invite some DCI Div. II/III....

By 2007, DCA-S corps along with, say, Kilties and Royal Airs would make one fine evening for Fran Haring to announce. If you could pull in any DCA-E or other DCA-C...Wow! The possibilities. I like the Lvl/Nvl weekend best.

When I lived in Ohio, DCA seemed so far away. Now, I live in Dixie, and the South has risen again!

Think about it -- It's remarkable that we can even have this discussion in aught six. It would have been unheard of just a few years ago.

Cozy

Well, It seems to me that the way to make this happen is to do a Louisville/Nashville weekend. And I'm for multiple show weekends, especially when they are close together. It's just more bang for the touring buck.

While i dont in any way speak for my corps , if it came up ,a nd our opinion asked, i would be in favor of it. Everyone should have the pleasure of seeing/hearing the Mighty Kilties!

We would love to have you. And I agree, everyone should see the Kilties.

I think this is a bad idea.

Super shows and distant touring runs up organizational expenses and ends up folding corps

Well, for those of us corps that have a spit and a prayer infrastructure and end up going to the east coast without any complaint year after year, and hearing all the whining from east coast corps (yes i'm GENERALIZING for the sake of expedience not trying to be insulting) about the effort/cost/distance of going as far out of their way as NC (which as far as I can tell is STILL a #### of a lot closer to the east coast than us!!!!!!!!!!!), I say we have a Mid america show for whoever WANTS to go, and I think we need to start thinking in terms of not always needing an east coast prescence to legitimize a show.

Truth be told, it's in the hands of the southern/western/midwestern corps to MAKE the east coast corps want to come out and participate in what WE'RE doing if it's "like that". And if they feel left out in any way, they WILL find a way to come.