DCA Mid-America 2007

This has come up several times, in a couple different threads.

But in all seriousness, if there were to be a large Mid-America show in Louisville, KY in August 2007 :blink: , who would be interested?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as a fan, i'd be interested depending on my schedule

This has come up several times, in a couple different threads.

But in all seriousness, if there were to be a large Mid-America show in Louisville, KY in August 2007 :blink: , who would be interested?

To have a large show,,,your going to have to come up with some serious bucks to get some of the top ten corps to come crawl out of thier hiding places and travel to come see you.

Many of those corps don't travel very far and command a premium price for thier participation.

Sad,.,,,Very Sad.

well, some did go down to NC last summer, so never say never.

And I was glad to see them take that first step, Jeff. But to be fair, we also heard complaining from some of them about the "long" drive, some openly here on DCP when discussing W-S for DCA finals. it would take considerably more to get them even further down the turnpike.

FWIW, it would be a big undertaking, but I see that show starting off with all of the 'non-Northeast' corps as likely participants, possibly even the West Coasters. Properly located and timed, it could be another big step in promoting senior corps in all our netheregions, and expanding DCA slowly and methodically, as Jeff appropriately advocates.

Can't speak for other corps or even my own, but I would vote to participate.

JMO

Super shows and distant touring runs up organizational expenses

You know something.Your right. ^0^

Edited by camel lips

And I was glad to see them take that first step, Jeff. But to be fair, we also heard complaining from some of them about the "long" drive, some openly here on DCP when discussing W-S for DCA finals. it would take considerably more to get them even further down the turnpike.

FWIW, it would be a big undertaking, but I see that show starting off with all of the 'non-Northeast' corps as likely participants, possibly even the West Coasters. Properly located and timed, it could be another big step in promoting senior corps in all our netheregions, and expanding DCA slowly and methodically, as Jeff appropriately advocates.

Can't speak for other corps or even my own, but I would vote to participate.

JMO

You speak wisdom my friend.

:rock::rock::rock::rock:

I think this is a bad idea.

Super shows and distant touring runs up organizational expenses and ends up folding corps

Your right, distant touring does run up organizational expenses. But "distant" for who, exactly? It is fairly close to alot of corps. And there is a lack of DCA shows in this area. And I didn't mention the word "super", just large - about as large as Corpsvets show. In other words, some where around 10 corps.

Your saying, Its expected for us new corps to travel, and we shouldn't have any shows close to us. There is a fast growing trend of "Middle" american corps, and no DCA shows except to the extreme North and South of us. At this point, my corps will have to do only DCI shows, and only DCA World.

And shows and tours don't fold corps, it is poor financial management and lack of interest that folds most corps. And its not like we can force someone to show up, if they want and can do it, then they can do it.

I never thought that someone would think that having a show in a new area would be a "bad idea". I thought that growing this activity is what we we're trying to do. I guess I was wrong, or I guess change can only happen when 6 or 7 of the open class finalists are from the west and mid-west.

Your right, distant touring does run up organizational expenses. But "distant" for who, exactly? It is fairly close to alot of corps. And there is a lack of DCA shows in this area. And I didn't mention the word "super", just large - about as large as Corpsvets show. In other words, some where around 10 corps.

Your saying, Its expected for us new corps to travel, and we shouldn't have any shows close to us. There is a fast growing trend of "Middle" american corps, and no DCA shows except to the extreme North and South of us. At this point, my corps will have to do only DCI shows, and only DCA World.

And shows and tours don't fold corps, it is poor financial management and lack of interest that folds most corps. And its not like we can force someone to show up, if they want and can do it, then they can do it.

I never thought that someone would think that having a show in a new area would be a "bad idea". I thought that growing this activity is what we we're trying to do. I guess I was wrong, or I guess change can only happen when 6 or 7 of the open class finalists are from the west and mid-west.

Basey,,

I speak from experience on this.

You are wasting your breath.No body cares how far you have to travel as long as its you that is having to travel.

If I could lend some advice it would be to concentrate on things that are in your control such as performance issues and build a strong corps so we can get some more votes on things that really count,,like where shows will be held.Until then we are just spinning mud off the tires.

In other words,,,Play the game :)

Edited by camel lips