CROSSMEN 2006

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this "based on" and "will be a combination of" talk kind of makes me wonder if Crossmen are moving towards the Wayne Downey hack'n slash school of arranging and show designing. I loved Crossmen for the past couple of years for playing traditional shows with a couple of separate, awesome songs. Let's hope this year is no different.

I was at the last camp and all I will say is that I think the corps will be much improved this year. And one of the big areas of improvement will be with the visual program. I also think that the charts the horn line is playing this year are awsome. So, at this point I am not going to predict were the corps will finish come August, but I will say that they will be very good.

They better improve visually....if not....they will go no where!! :)

To be fair, they were 12th in overall visual at semifinals last year and 13th in overall music. But whatever...they need to improve in ALL areas, most notably a coherent and well integrated program design with solid execution in all captions.

I really do LOVE LOVE LOVE the addition of Bobby Jones as drillwriter and visual caption head. Great pickup!

Bridget Benson (Crossmen Alumni 03/04) has been named as the Corp's athletic trainer and conditioning coach. She intends to start immediately to implement her training program with the current members. Bobby Jones and the visual staff are working with her to improve the level of visual presentation for the corps. We are very glad to have someone of her level on board and are looking forward to having her on the team to improve the corp's experience this year.

That should help a bit, conditioning is half the battle. Kids in good shape are healthy, injury free kids.

All this "based on" and "will be a combination of" talk kind of makes me wonder if Crossmen are moving towards the Wayne Downey hack'n slash school of arranging and show designing. I loved Crossmen for the past couple of years for playing traditional shows with a couple of separate, awesome songs. Let's hope this year is no different.

no fear.

Forgive me if this is already covered somewhere, but can someone clue us in on what part of "The Way Up" The Crossmen are playing? I _LOVE_ that piece/album; there is so much great music there, I'm just wondering which part/s Crossmen are playing.

Thanks in advance

--

doug

....was the BD '95 arrangement of Caribe similar to the original?

It was as close as it could get for the drum corps idiom. Pretty much as close to a direct transcrinbtion as you can get - with good ole Wayne Downey magic to be the icing on the cake as well.