Paetec Park - Rochester

Weird.

So is 107 (which I assume is the 50) reserved for someone in particular then?

I'm not real pleased with my seats.

i got 107. Now, i did my hotel before the DCA list came out, but my price isn't that much different and it's the choice i would have gone for anyway.

I am very pleased with how DCA has handled things

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The 2007 drum corps world championship also has been awarded to Rochester."

"Ed Hall, president of the Greater Rochester Visitors Association, said he would like to see the annual championship stay in Rochester."

Does this really surprise anyone?

I didn't think so. <**>

Rice

what local politician wouldnt want to see an event stay in their town that brings in the cash something like DCA does?

just because he says he wants it to stay there doesnt mean it will.

Glad to hear that you hadn't purchased your airfare yet. I assumed that you had already done that when reading your earlier post.

Sell 'em.

If DCA isn't going to help support expansion, (If there is any truth to Scott Wilts post regarding the Championships being held in Ro-cha-cha for 2007) then don't help support them in return.

Sell the tickets. Save your time and money for Winston-Salem. Keep the money in North Carolina instead.

Rice

here we ####### go again...DCA doesnt support expansion.

let me ask you a few questions if i may, so maybe you will see just how much this #### is getting old.

who submitted bids for 2007? anyone?

did DCA confirm this or is this the local guys talking?

what market outside of the NE has built up the fan base enough to support finals...cause, IMO, and no offense to the corps running shows now, the fans arent exactly turned away at the gates for regular shows.

EXPANSION IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN OVER NIGHT. UNTIL PEOPLE GET THAT THRU THEIR ###### SKULLS, ALL YOU DO IS FOSTER MORE ######## PETTY SQUABBLING AND, IMO, SLOW THE PROCESS DOWN.

accept that DCA is moving cautiously AND carefully, build the other markets up, and viola, you will have it.

now, on my ticket form, i wrote in where i wanted. i did that 2 years ago and ended up in the front row. good thing i like pits. i did it last year, and viola. this year, i was surprised i got where i wanted.

but...let's be real folks...only so many people can fit between the 40's, and if i recall, it was said here or on RAMD that actually, PAETEC actually holds fewer fans than Scranton.

so there's only so much room.

the new way is a helluva lot better than it used to be. I remember one year handing my money personally to someone on the committee, and i got 30 yard line seats upstairs....nowhere near where i liked.

i swear to god people can find something, anything to ##### about ....and, given how much everyone #####ed about getting out of Scranton, boom, you're out and still #####ing.

what local politician wouldnt want to see an event stay in their town that brings in the cash something like DCA does?

just because he says he wants it to stay there doesnt mean it will.

I agree, Jeff. Going back to the Winston-Salem championships site, maybe later we should go there or some other city. But for now, W-S could not guarantee a stadium. PAETEC is scheduled to open June 3. I'm guessing that a soccer stadium will put the fan$ extemely close to the action, unlike the fiasco at Frontier Stadium in '96, where front row ticket holders needed to insert 25 cents in telescopes to see the corps.

If the law enforcement folks are friendly, I'm ok with two years in Ra-cha-cha. I've also enjoyed Scranton and Allentown.

hey i'll admit, Scranton, Allentown or hershey would all be great for me....2 hours or less to get to.

Allentown didn't bid, Scranton has been outgrown, and well, HERCO can go bankrupt any day now.

I went to W/S last year. the market isn't ready yet.

Rochester can pretty much guarantee a sell out in a stadium that is much more fan friendly than Frontier Field.

so it is what it is...so instead of #####ing about it, you have 2 years to build the other markets and get bids in.

or you can sit here on DCP and #####...now which one of those two options is not going to help DCA grow?

i got 107. Now, i did my hotel before the DCA list came out, but my price isn't that much different and it's the choice i would have gone for anyway.

I am very pleased with how DCA has handled things

That makes one of us. :)

No worries, though.

hey...i live 5 minutes from the PO Box. in 04 I sent my tix order in on day 1.

i ended up with a lovely view of every pit in DCA, every drum major's ###( tho for Renegades that was a plus) every field judge, camera man, sound guy, DCA official, Fran, legionaires, moosics finest....

i wasnt happy but i didnt think it was this earth shattering DCA is out to #### us conspiracy.

Edited by jeffsnewjetta

hey...i live 5 minutes from the PO Box. in 04 I sent my tix order in one day 1.

i ended up with a lovely view of every pit in DCA, every drum major's ###( tho for Renegades that was a plus) every field judge, camera man, sound guy, DCA official, Fran, legionaires, moosics finest....

i wasnt happy but i didnt think it was this earth shattering DCA is out to #### us conspiracy.

I know.

It just sucks to send it in that quickly and still get stuck out in the boonies...got a little pissy about, I suppose.

I'll get over it. :)

yeah it does suck, i agree.

but remember, as we've seen, the middle section is a tad smaller...looks like the first 4 rows in the neighboring sections have seats but 107 doesn't.

the plus side is Five Star is very concious about keeping fans happy, so i will pass a long a few concerns...not #####ing but legit concerns...to them and who knows, maybe a change will be implemented.

and hey, the 40 isn't that bad of a seat

(snip)

Folks, there is no "TheJapanesecodeisbrokenbutFDRwon'twarnPearlHarbor" conspiracy, no Watergate. To paraphrase: Section 107 has fewer than 400 seats (his understanding), which go fast. He personally receives no comp tickets. (I, too, buy my own, which I've always given to family, pals, or sold at face value). Five Star Brass shows no favoritism to any organization, corps or individuals.

(snip)

Cozy,

You sound like a nice guy so I'll be polite here. Sorry, but you sound a little naive. I'll explain.

Take into consideration that when the form for ordering tickets got mailed out to people like myself and Bawker that it was mailed from Harrisburg, PA. The lag time for mail delivery to someone in North Carolina like Bawker is maybe three to four days. The lag time for delivery for someone like me could be as long as four to five days.

This alone gave anyone in the Northeastern corridor of our country, those within one or two days lag time for their mail delivery, an extra two to four days to get their ticket order form back in and ahead of Bawker's or mine.

Overnight the form back?

No, to overnight the form back wouldn't make a difference either. In Bawker's case, even to overnight the form back the next day after receiving it he would at best get it returned to Five Star Brass on the fourth or fifth day. This would result in his order being at least one to two days behind any Northeastern orders. In my case it would be the fifth or sixth day.

Now, you could say, well that's just a case of geographical distance which DCA has no control over.

However, these are not general admission type tickets where everyone would have the same access to the same seats. These are reserved seats sold on a "first come, first served basis!"

The fact that the forms had to be mailed back in "with a post mark to establish a time of delivery for first come, first served consideration", people further away WERE NOT given the same opportunity to get their request form back to Harrisburg, PA. in the same time frame as those who received theirs two to four days prior.

Oh, and mailing out ticket request forms? Whose bright idea was that, anyway? Ever heard of the internet?

I mean, if a Drum Corps show held in Salina or Garden City, Kansas can afford to sell their tickets online and even let the purchaser select his or her own seats! (Gosh, can you imagine such a thing?) Then, I think a supposedly international organization such as DCA should be able to do the same or better. Don't you?

Or, are the Kansans more technically adept than the New Yorkers these days? :P

And now we find out that the Championship show is going to be in Ro-cha-cha again next year too? <**>

I know what the good DCA man told you Cozy but, sometimes you have to listen to what they're not telling you to get the "rest of the story."

These "circumstances" are not by accident.

Rice