Paetec Park - Rochester

Hope I can answer a few of your concerns... Yes the stadium is ready. It opens on June 3rd to be exact. Yes there is parking (plenty of it) and huge over flow lots as well. I'm not sure why you are upset about the Hotels. They have been made very easy to book. There are three locations you can go to and download a simple form to receive special rates. If you choose not to use this form you can book whatever Hotel you choose on your own. I check daily with the Housing Bureau (through the Greater Rochester Visitor's Association) to see how we are doing on rooms. We are close to 2000 booked now. Yes, downtown is full but that is a good thing! Ticket's I can't speak for. That is handled totally through DCA. I can say that the Five Star people have made many trips up to Rochester to see that the seats will be great for everyone. I have been in every section in the Stadium. It is wonderful and not a bad seat in the house. The view from the top is great. Better than Scranton. I hope you all give us a chance to host the event first. It's only April. Plenty of time to make it a good experience for all. :) If I can help you with any other questions please feel free to email me!

I have a motel confirmation thank you.....HOWEVER, I am upset because I had to go through DCA's selected travel agency to to get my motel reservations......In the 30 years I've been going to DCA Championships I have ever had to do that....What if I'm just a visitor to the greater Rochester area that weekend, what am I to do?....Case in point, motels in the area refuse reservations unless you go through DCA's travel agent............I'm more upset about my seats as I feel quite a few people are......DCA is telling me that my envelope wasn't postmarked when they received it......They'll have to show it to me because I handed it directly to a post master at a post office and IT was post dated 2/3/06.......Last year I had same seats both for prelims and finals.....Not this year.......hmmmmmmmm......Now that I'm retired and the good Lord willing, think I'll deliver my ticket money in person next year......IF that's allowed.......Like I said, I love senior drum corps and alumni corps, so I will be there regardless......It' will be interesting to see how many more unhappy drum corps nuts post their concerns to this topic....

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, no.

I'm not well versed enough in DCA politics and so forth to know where they went.

But do tell...I'd be interested in knowing, since I sent the form off the day I got it. :)

You didn't have a low enough zip code. Only people with Zero's and One's for the first digit qualified. b**bs

Rice

<snip> Ticket's I can't speak for. That is handled totally through DCA. <snip> I hope you all give us a chance to host the event first. It's only April. Plenty of time to make it a good experience for all. :) If I can help you with any other questions please feel free to email me!

Thanks Allen for giving a thorough explanation. Thanks for all your efforts. I do hope most fan$ understand that you as the corps host do not handle ticket sales. I'm PMing comments on other topics.

Okay, well...it's a good thing I didn't already buy plane tickets for Rochester then; I may end up selling these tix.

Thanks for the heads up...I was hoping that the form was accurate.

Oh well.

Edited by bawker