Paetec Park - Rochester

Based on the picture linked above, and overlying a grid on the diagram, section 107 appears to be between the 40's, and sections 106 and 108 extend from the 40's and out to about the 22 1/2 yard line.

This of course is assuming that the diagram is drawn to scale with a 120 yard long field with a 20 yard diameter center circle. Lining up my 120 yard grid does indicate a 20 yard circle on the picture, so I think it is accurate.

Well then, that's just swell......Just about where I said my seats are.......Again, I'm not at all happy with the way things were handled this year...........

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mailed my order form on Feb 3rd........Just got my tickets - Section 106........It's hard to judge what yard line this may be, but appears to be about the 30............If I'm wrong I humbly apologize.......All in all, I'm not at all happy with the way DCA has proceeded with things.................The control of the hotels, now the tickets and just for the heck of it, let me throw out to anyone what Plan B would have been had Paetec Field not been ready........hmmmmmmmmm......Is it ready?........Is there parking?...........

Have only missed one DCA Championship in 30 years and have always had excellent seats and no problems with reserving rooms......I guess I'm one of one or more that's not to happy with the way DCA is handling things this year.........BUT, because of my love for senior drum corps and alumni, I'll be there....................

Hope I can answer a few of your concerns... Yes the stadium is ready. It opens on June 3rd to be exact. Yes there is parking (plenty of it) and huge over flow lots as well. I'm not sure why you are upset about the Hotels. They have been made very easy to book. There are three locations you can go to and download a simple form to receive special rates. If you choose not to use this form you can book whatever Hotel you choose on your own. I check daily with the Housing Bureau (through the Greater Rochester Visitor's Association) to see how we are doing on rooms. We are close to 2000 booked now. Yes, downtown is full but that is a good thing! Ticket's I can't speak for. That is handled totally through DCA. I can say that the Five Star people have made many trips up to Rochester to see that the seats will be great for everyone. I have been in every section in the Stadium. It is wonderful and not a bad seat in the house. The view from the top is great. Better than Scranton. I hope you all give us a chance to host the event first. It's only April. Plenty of time to make it a good experience for all. :) If I can help you with any other questions please feel free to email me!

Weird.

So is 107 (which I assume is the 50) reserved for someone in particular then?

I'm not real pleased with my seats.

Not letting people chose their own seats for themselves is wrong. If I'm paying for them, then I think I should have some say in where they are located!

Am I the only one who believes this?

Case in point: I've bought tickets to three different shows already for this summer and I was able to choose my own seats for every one of them.

So, why is Ro-cha-cha being handled differently?

Rice

My tickets arrived last Thursday I was kind of supprised that my finals tickets look off the 50 I sent the form right in I am in Sect 106 107 looks to be th 50.
Sent my order in the same day the mail arrived. Section 108.

I'm not a DCA Pooh-Bah, but I'll be the messenger and ask if "they" know what gives. IF I get an on-the-record comment, I'll get back with the response.

DCA Dugout Gofor. VIP room snacks thief for sideline honchos. Messenger who gets shot.

'06 DCA: Looking for dugout.

Below are headlines in Rochester Newspaper today....Quote taken from the second link "The 2007 drum corps world championship also has been awarded to Rochester".

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...30367/1002/NEWS

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...30358/1002/NEWS

I'm going to have to agree, Rice.

If I didn't have everything set to go already, I'd deliberate whether 45 dollars for sitting what looks to be the 30-40 yard line is worth it.

Moot point now, I suppose.

I guess you've figured out where all those section 107 tickets went. Right? :worthy:

Surprised?

Rice

I guess you've figured out where all those section 107 tickets went. Right? :worthy:

Surprised?

Rice

To be honest, no.

I'm not well versed enough in DCA politics and so forth to know where they went.

But do tell...I'd be interested in knowing, since I sent the form off the day I got it. :)

Below are headlines in Rochester Newspaper today....Quote taken from the second link "The 2007 drum corps world championship also has been awarded to Rochester".

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...30367/1002/NEWS

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...30358/1002/NEWS

"The 2007 drum corps world championship also has been awarded to Rochester."

"Ed Hall, president of the Greater Rochester Visitors Association, said he would like to see the annual championship stay in Rochester."

Does this really surprise anyone?

I didn't think so. <**>

Rice