Paetec Park - Rochester

I have a motel confirmation thank you.....HOWEVER, I am upset because I had to go through DCA's selected travel agency to to get my motel reservations......In the 30 years I've been going to DCA Championships I have ever had to do that....What if I'm just a visitor to the greater Rochester area that weekend, what am I to do?....Case in point, motels in the area refuse reservations unless you go through DCA's travel agent............I'm more upset about my seats as I feel quite a few people are......DCA is telling me that my envelope wasn't postmarked when they received it......They'll have to show it to me because I handed it directly to a post master at a post office and IT was post dated 2/3/06.......Last year I had same seats both for prelims and finals.....Not this year.......hmmmmmmmm......Now that I'm retired and the good Lord willing, think I'll deliver my ticket money in person next year......IF that's allowed.......Like I said, I love senior drum corps and alumni corps, so I will be there regardless......It' will be interesting to see how many more unhappy drum corps nuts post their concerns to this topic....

Well, I agree with you and RWrice........I don't understand what's going on........I have kept my ticket orders for the past 3 years and never had a problem with selective seats.......Last year specifically, I requested Row O/Seats 1 thru 4 and got them......The year before, I requested the exact same row same seats, got Row O/Seats 3 thru 6......Right on the 50 yard line.....Year before that, I got a call from someone on the DCA board who didn't know me but I knew them......Their courtesy call was to tell me they didn't have available what I wanted but assured me that I could have same seats one row lower.....hmmmmmmmm......I could go back to 2003 as I have the e-mails, but I don't think it's necessary......I don't know how many seats are in Section 107, but they went pretty quick for ticket order date I believe starting on 2/3/06.........As for motel reservations, I faxed my order on 10/11/05 for the Clarion.....Guess what.....No vacancies...............I did get confirmation for one of the other hotels.......

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I agree with you and RWrice........I don't understand what's going on........I have kept my ticket orders for the past 3 years and never had a problem with selective seats.......Last year specifically, I requested Row O/Seats 1 thru 4 and got them......The year before, I requested the exact same row same seats, got Row O/Seats 3 thru 6......Right on the 50 yard line.....Year before that, I got a call from someone on the DCA board who didn't know me but I knew them......Their courtesy call was to tell me they didn't have available what I wanted but assured me that I could have same seats one row lower.....hmmmmmmmm......I could go back to 2003 as I have the e-mails, but I don't think it's necessary......I don't know how many seats are in Section 107, but they went pretty quick for ticket order date I believe starting on 2/3/06.........As for motel reservations, I faxed my order on 10/11/05 for the Clarion.....Guess what.....No vacancies...............I did get confirmation for one of the other hotels.......

This reply was to bawker and rwrice............

Okay, well...it's a good thing I didn't already buy plane tickets for Rochester then; I may end up selling these tix.

Thanks for the heads up...I was hoping that the form was accurate.

Oh well.

Glad to hear that you hadn't purchased your airfare yet. I assumed that you had already done that when reading your earlier post.

Sell 'em.

If DCA isn't going to help support expansion, (If there is any truth to Scott Wilts post regarding the Championships being held in Ro-cha-cha for 2007) then don't help support them in return.

Sell the tickets. Save your time and money for Winston-Salem. Keep the money in North Carolina instead.

Rice

dljones wrote:

"I don't know how many seats are in Section 107, but they went pretty quick for ticket order date I believe starting on 2/3/06."

BINGO! We have a winnah!

I think if we all put our collective heads together we just might be able to figure out where all those section 107 seats went.

Now, let's see. Who would've had access to those tickets first? Hmmmmmmmmmmm..............................

Rice

<snip> (If there is any truth to Scott Wilts post regarding the Championships being held in Ro-cha-cha for 2007) <snip>

I read the entire Rochester newpaper article. It does state that the 2007 DCA Championships will also be in Ra-cha-cha, at PAETEC. I trust that as a true statement, which confirms some things I'd heard.

I intend to email the reporter thanking him for his coverage, encourage him to continue PRing DCA, but also send him a quick Drum Corps 101 lesson.

Again... I'll be glad to assist with Rochester questions (except ticket info) that is totally out of our control. I'm not sure how things were handled with tickets in Scranton and I'm sorry I can't help with all the ticket questions. That one you will have to take up with the ticket people.

The Hotel thing still bugs me. We tried to make it totally simple. The Hotels were instructed to deal with the bureau JUST for the special rates. There are other hotels that you can deal with that are not even giving special rates. You will pay more but that is up to the individual. If I can help let me know!

Again... I'll be glad to assist with Rochester questions (except ticket info) that is totally out of our control. <snip> If I can help let me know!

In 50 minutes I had a long response from a DCA honcho. In 1 hour, a response from Allen regarding a non-ticket observation. Thanks to both DCA and Allen for the rapid responses.

Again, Allen and Empire are out of the loop on tickets, which are handled by Five Star Brass.

My DCA potentate source gave me free rein to speak as I wish. (Folks who know me would chuckle. I don't need anyone's permission to speak. Freedom of Speech is paramount!!!) I do wish to protect sources; sooooo, think of this as an unnamed White House source scenario, knowledgeable but anonymous.

Folks, there is no "TheJapanesecodeisbrokenbutFDRwon'twarnPearlHarbor" conspiracy, no Watergate. To paraphrase: Section 107 has fewer than 400 seats (his understanding), which go fast. He personally receives no comp tickets. (I, too, buy my own, which I've always given to family, pals, or sold at face value). Five Star Brass shows no favoritism to any organization, corps or individuals.

It's a free country. Take this for what it's worth. Lament on or accept. I do hope that all all-age fan$ show up, cheer on their fave/all corps, enjoy the hotels, restaurants, etc., and let Ra-cha-cha merchants know that these are drum corps nuts spending these bucks. Most importantly, cheer loudly for I&EMC (hopefully, Syne closer is back), Alumni Spectacular, Prelims and Finals.

Messenger only slightly wounded....

So, even though I sent this form back the day I received it, all 400 seats were gone?

Hmm.

Don't know how I could have gotten it in any faster, excepting Priority Mail.

Me neither bawker......I have an email from Fred Windish that said all requests are being held in exact order of post mark.......Well, I handed mine to a post office worker in the a.m. of Feb 3rd and as I said, if I'm where I think I am, it's probably around the 30 yard line.....If my envelope wasn't post marked as I have been told it wasn't, then I'd sure like to see it.......Rest assured, I will make pay a visit or call my post office tomorrow to see if a non post marked envelope is possible......At this point, I rest whatever case I've made......To some or many probably no case has been made, but to a few so far, I believe my points have been well taken.............