Show Idea

I apologize in advance for this. It's not really me, to be honest, but the joke is there and I can't pass it up. I'm actually a quite reasonable person. Anyway, on with the joke, which is purely a joke.

they won, but everyone hated the show.

So... Cadets, then?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BOOOOOEEEEE!!!!!!!

I apologize in advance for this. It's not really me, to be honest, but the joke is there and I can't pass it up. I'm actually a quite reasonable person. Anyway, on with the joke, which is purely a joke.

So... Cadets, then?

I guess it's better than not winning and everyone hating the show, as is the case with the Freelancers.

I'm just kidding.

The joke was there.

I couldn't pass it up.

Honestly, just kidding.

• 11 months later...

your very creative but umm....no. first off. each side of the band would have to see eachother occasioanlly to make sure the drill looks stright and perfect. second....sitting near the field goal would stink.....sorry. but your very creative!!!

Better idea (OP): Same visual, drill, etc for two completely different books by the same composer. Get the crowd involved at each show--you know: "Which version of the show do you want tonight?"

Would take a really great arranger and a LOT of coordination between caption writers.

A band near me did this concept to the music of jekyll and hyde. It was actually a pretty good show. The brass and woodwind had different unis, the brass had black and blue and the woodwinds had white and black. They won they state championship with it. Crown did a jekyll and hyde show in 1999, never saw the visual though.

The corps could also use Southwind's uniform from last year and call the show Black and White.

I guess it's better than not winning and everyone hating the show, as is the case with the Freelancers.

I'm just kidding.

The joke was there.

I couldn't pass it up.

Honestly, just kidding.

Joke wasn't there... Sorry.... Not even funny. Now the other posters was funny because of the contraversy going on with the Cadets and narrations.

See the difference?

Pulling something out of thin air because of being defensive = not funny.

Relating something relevant in reality to what was said = maybe funny, maybe tasteless, maybe not funny... But at least there's a change of being funny... :rock:

Meh...doesn't do much for me (the idea) but you're more creative than me, that's for sure.