Electronics

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course I say 'yes' to all of them.

Reason? While guitars are stringed instruments, they also fit into the rhythm section of a jazz ensemble, so I say..sure...go for it!

...then again, I also think ANY stringed instruments wold be great. ^0^

I need to ask my wife, who is a string player, about the pros and cons of stringed instruments in an outdoor setting. Not so much from a sound standpoint as from how well string instruments handle outdoor conditions. I know she wasn't happy about your band using a string bass outdoors in the fall/winter. :P

I love tarps! My corps thought of it first (winterguard programs not withstanding). :)

***oh how I love the 1990 Tommy show*** ***big grin***

Y'know, two of the things I hate most on the football field are props/tarps and dance, yet I somehow managed to march in two corps that utilized one, the other, or both. :(

I say no to all. Drum corps was fine 30 years ago without "enhancements". It was fine 20, even 10, even 2 years ago. Why does it neeed them now? Did people suddenly run out of ideas and now electronics and additional instruments are the only way people can have new ideas? Star went their entire career in DCI without "capitalizing" on very many, if any of the rule changes and they were constantly "pushing the envelope". My point? That adding these things will not magically make people more able to put together a better show, and change the activity in to something it is not. Now, I LIKE some of these things that have been mentioned on the field. But I wouldn't want them touching drum corps with a 5000 ft. pole. I can get the experience from these things in a BOA format. But I can get drum corps from DCI/DCA, and that's pretty much it on this continent. Why change it in to something that already exists. It doesn't help us, it won't magically make us better, and it wont increase the quality of our programs. Sooooo . . . Why change for tthe sake of changing? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'll take synthesizers over narration

Im drum corps, I am against both. But if I had to pick one, it would be the synth. Narration is always s###y.

drum corps did great for all those years wthout any electronics.

tell me how the recent addition has helped drum corps?

no to all