LMS Los Angeles rumor

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, We're pulling your leg. Guys like Charlie Groh on contra raise the average age a whole bunch but it's probably about 47, with a bunch of us 50-53. Charlie, a participant in drum corps since he was 8 or so will turn 60 just before DCI next year. Not only is he good, he's carrying a brand new Kanstul Contra, one of the heaviest in the line. We will march 11 King K 90's already in the line.

11 K 90s?!! :worthy::worthy::laugh:

I would go back to Contra again if RCR would just get me a K 90.

Aren't you missing a zero on Charlie's age there?? :P

He was doing drum corps when God had His learners permit...

No no no...Sam...you got it all wrong...

Charlie was doing drum corps when the Dead Sea was healthy.

Mr. Groh and I are going to celebrate our 60th birthdays in 2007. We thought we'd hold the party in the Rose Bowl the night of DCI semi-finals.

We've invited over 300 of our friends in to play for you. That would be The Kingsmen Alumni Corps.

Hey,I thought we had 16 contras last Sunday, April 23rd. I know we had than many french horns! I know the percussionauts were stoked with their brand new gear. Under the game face they were grinning ear to ear.

It's going to be great sharing a Los Angeles LMS venue with The Renegades....the announcement WAS made last practice. So nice of Renegades to invite us to the proceedings.

RON HOUSLEY

KAC 2nd Baritone

Edited by ffernbus3

It's going to be great sharing a Los Angeles LMS venue with The Renegades....the announcement WAS made last practice. So nice of Renegades to invite us to the proceedings.

RON HOUSLEY

KAC 2nd Baritone

Cool beans.

You should know that in addition to Renegades, So Cal Dream is also making this all possible ... kinda like an evil Alliance. ^0^

I thought you guys were all busy that night. :P

umm... I have a birthday party for my 3 year old niece I have to attend.

'you guys' does not include me. I'm not a decision maker. They tell me where to go and I show up with a six pack and a horn - thats it!

BTW - It's a potluck.

You should know that in addition to Renegades, So Cal Dream is also making this all possible ... kinda like an evil Alliance.

I'm not sure about the evil part but we're getting the loud part down...

The staff has us doing the "In tune is louder than just being loud by itself".. Thing.

I think we're all buying into it this year.

By the way, Dream's lead sop section average age is over 49... and we're all marching and competing.

We could use a few more horn players, just don't bring our average age down too much :huh:

Edited by DreaminDan