The real reasons DCI will never be on a major channel

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason for my post is that only 70-80% of the country gets ESPN2 while 100% of the country gets NBC-CBS and ABC.

We want this activity to grow and to do that we need exposure. Being seen by a million people on a Saturday afternoon is better then a couple hundred thousand on a thursday night. Or is my math wrong.

DCPGUY1111, Just because Dan Achenson is in charge doesn;t mean he's "always" right. There's always better ideas out there. More people did watch the PBS broadcast then ESPN2.

The reason for my post is that only 70-80% of the country gets ESPN2 while 100% of the country gets NBC-CBS and ABC.

We want this activity to grow and to do that we need exposure. Being seen by a million people on a Saturday afternoon is better then a couple hundred thousand on a thursday night. Or is my math wrong.

DCPGUY1111, Just because Dan Achenson is in charge doesn;t mean he's "always" right. There's always better ideas out there. More people did watch the PBS broadcast then ESPN2.

But PBS stations were dropping the broadcast because they aired it during pledge drive time and people who called in to make pledges did not follow through.

Jr. DC will never be ready for prime time because it has "evolved" into something that is really quite boring! It's potential audience is rather small.

Sad but true.

Network affiliates have some say in what they want to show. So, while much of the country has the chance to see DCI, an affiliate may decide they want to show something different, to boost ratings and revenue from commercials.

Just when this board actually starting to get interesting. Maybe that's because it was more actually marching members posting, and not alumni who are never satisfied with anything.

WHOA... take it easy there, junior. Your ignorance shines through.

A comment like that, and you wonder why alumni or people who have been in the activity since, oh, BEFORE YOU WERE BORN, have OPINIONS here?

Go take a seat...rookie.

Just when this board actually starting to get interesting. Maybe that's because it was more actually marching members posting, and not alumni who are never satisfied with anything.

It is also many of us "alumni" that have the "jobs" that make the "money" that pay for the "tickets" that foot the bill for you "marching members!!!"

Not to mention that it was us DC alumni that allowed the activity to even survive (by participating) so the marching member today even has a place to show their talents. Try to remember that when YOU become an "alumni"....and at least appreciate the fact that we still care enough to voice an opinion (and to go to the shows...and enjoy them!)