DCI Allentown

I agree regarding many of hte points made about Allentown. It's not the most convenient location to get to, traffic is bad (roads are not set up to accomodate the traffic flow in Allentown - and highway traffic is attrocious getting there), parking sucks, hotels are really not that much better than Philly or the DC burbs (how about a return to College Park, MD for DCI east?), rest rooms are a long way from the stands (good luck trying to go between corps without missing one), and the view from the stands is not all that great unless you are in the primo seats (which are hard to come by).

Personally, I though the College Park, MD stadium was a very good venue and would work well for an eastern regional.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're all gonna be real cozy on the grass this year, so dig your heels in and try not to slide down. I bought tickets at the stadium last year and have to say the lower seats are terrible and headed up for the grass to get a decent vantage point. I had the splinter seats a couple of years ago and they are tight, the splinters are sharp (I think I still have a couple lodged in my rear) and very limited (they only go from the 40 to 40 at best). Not a heck of alot of premium seating for the last major show before finals.

That being said, Allentown does have it pro's. The parking is not that bad, I parked across from the park for free and still didn't have to walk that far, the food prices in the stadium are about half the price of Giants Stadium. I don't feel ripped off for a slice of pizza and a soda (maybe $2.50). The park is also a great way to hear the Corps warmup. And it is a pretty area outside the city.

I've got mixed feelings about Allentown, I hope DCI and JCB can find a solution to this situation. No matter what, I'll be there for the YEA show (The top seats aren't open for that show) and Sat night Eastern.

I hope we can still sit in the grass on the hill next to the upper deck.

And I hope the stand that sells pierogies is still there.

Last time I was there, I asked if they were home made and was told they were Mrs. Grass.

One of the things not mentioned yet is the amazing local commitee in Allentown. They were so dedicated they kept things running when we had to go to Phily during renovation of the stadium.

Truthfully it sounds as if it is time to end traditional, put a cap on it, put it to sleep, etc.

Isn't this the place that has had for the past two years, bad things happen with the audio/video feeds as well.

Are other venues available? If so, where are they - what are they like? Or, is everyone just sitting around on their arse, saying oh well - we'll just have to make do? A lot could be done in three months to move a venue!

Truthfully it sounds as if it is time to end traditional, put a cap on it, put it to sleep, etc.

Isn't this the place that has had for the past two years, bad things happen with the audio/video feeds as well.

i believe that had to do with the weather. horrible storms at the time.

I agree regarding many of hte points made about Allentown. It's not the most convenient location to get to, traffic is bad (roads are not set up to accomodate the traffic flow in Allentown - and highway traffic is attrocious getting there), parking sucks, hotels are really not that much better than Philly or the DC burbs (how about a return to College Park, MD for DCI east?), rest rooms are a long way from the stands (good luck trying to go between corps without missing one), and the view from the stands is not all that great unless you are in the primo seats (which are hard to come by).

Personally, I though the College Park, MD stadium was a very good venue and would work well for an eastern regional.

I agree, it would be much closer for me.

I agree with the person who said the upper bleacher ticket holders will be scrambling to find a spot at the top of the stadium behind the railing.

too all things sacrifices must take place...cheap accomodations and bad show...sure.

i dont consider a 2 night show with the entire Division 1 line up there to be a bad show.