Minicorps Question

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beat that dead horse...nice way to come back Nick.

See you Saturday! Bring Ralph.

Donny

When setting the rule book and starting the competition, we used Mini Corps - I wrote the rule book that year and I use mini corps basically because my spell checker accepted that.

What I actually believe and Renegades are proving me right, is that the language is a living entity. Just as computers have added thousands of new words to our accepted vocabulary, drum corps has invented a new word. Now, 18 years later, it is time to play Daniel Webster and accept minicorps as a new noun in our language. I suggest the Mr. Rudnicki "make it so".

400 what?

Shoulda played something.

Shoulda played something? Heh. My friend, you are missing the big picture here ... I guess it all comes down to how one defines success.

Crunchy Frog may not have been as clean as any other minicorps, true. lol.

But it sold more merchandise than any minicorps in history, it brought together 400 people from many different DCA corps in a spirirt of friendship, and I have NEVER seen that many drum corps fans watching anything at I&E ... minicorps or otherwise.

Oh yeah, and no less that three pairs of breasts were flashed at me during our one and only rehearsal (true story).

If that ain't success in minicorps, I don't know what is.

^0^

Edited by drumlaw80

When setting the rule book and starting the competition, we used Mini Corps - I wrote the rule book that year and I use mini corps basically because my spell checker accepted that.

What I actually believe and Renegades are proving me right, is that the language is a living entity. Just as computers have added thousands of new words to our accepted vocabulary, drum corps has invented a new word. Now, 18 years later, it is time to play Daniel Webster and accept minicorps as a new noun in our language. I suggest the Mr. Rudnicki "make it so".

Excellent point Tom.

On Sunday, I will put it to a vote.

Whatever comes out of that vote, goes in the book.

Shoulda played something? Heh. My friend, you are missing the big picture here ... I guess it all comes down to how one defines success.

Crunchy Frog may not have been as clean as any other minicorps, true. lol.

But it sold more merchandise than any minicorps in history, it brought together 400 people from many different DCA corps in a spirirt of friendship, and I have NEVER seen that many drum corps fans watching anything at I&E ... minicorps or otherwise.

Oh yeah, and no less that three pairs of breasts were flashed at me during our one and only rehearsal (true story).

If that ain't success in minicorps, I don't know what is.

^0^

Naaa, you shoulda played something.

no, really they shouldn't have. they succeeded perfectly.