How Many Times Do You Wear Your Corps Jacket A Year?

Wearing them at band shows during the fall is much more acceptable, but now that I'm older I always kinda laugh because I see alot of the young kids strutting theirs and I just think...yeah I used to be that way...showin off for the bandos :)

It's fine if you're attending a show, but if you're teaching a band and wear it...ugh.

Seriously. Don't be that guy.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wear mine to shows when the temp is above 100F, just to let people know who I represent.

Honestly, the last time I wore mine was the summer of 95.

50 times a year is crazy

All the years of teaching and marching and I never owned a corps jacket. I did, however, wear my member tee shirt when teaching band camp.

How about wearing your jacket at corps shows when it is 90+ degrees. Make sure you have flip flops, shorts and no shirt on. And keep the jacket unbuttoned. Funny how this is acceptable for members, don't try this trick after you have aged out.

I'm paranoid about keeping my jacket in excellent condition. Last year after the Bluecoats home show, it was actually kind of cool outside so I put on my jacket while we drank, um, Kool-Aid in the parking lot. :blink:

I haven't worn mine in over a decade... wait, 15 years... wait, aged out in 89, staff 90.... 16 years. But it's hot in Houston. That being said, I'm wearing a Trooper shirt today and a lady at the mall actually stopped me to read it. I took the opportunity to explain about drum corps - this had never happened to me!

Just kidding - it's gone.

I assume from your marching experience that it was biodegradable.

I found this in Texas at a drum corps show and have kept it sewn in my jacket ever since.

Mom

http://www.geocities.com/snapettes/NOTICE.html :blink:

Edited by Snapettes Mom