How Many Times Do You Wear Your Corps Jacket A Year?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

havent worn it in a few years.

This thread is fine. Not eerything has to be some pseudo-serious discussion about who got how many tenths in what caption.

I wore mine at activity related functions like indoor shows, band shows, ect. Sometime to band practices if it was kinda cold. But now that I'm out I don't really intend on wearing it anymore. I don't think there's anything wrong if some 19yo wants to wear his jacket at band shows or whatever. You marched a season, you earned it, and there's nothing wrong with showing off.

I even wore mine sometimes just like a regular jacket, and I tell you, I got into some pretty crazy conversations with random people who would see it and bring up drum corps out of the blue.

My Oakland Crusader jacket is medium.

My Bridgemen Jacket is medium

My Gafield Cadet jacket is medium

I am now an Extra Large. ( It's muscle. I swear!)

So that would be a big Zero!

I was going to ask that question. How many people can actually still fit into their corps jackets? :blink: I feel like I'm going to pull a Chris Farley from Tommy Boy every time I try to put my jacket on. :P

You can spot a drum corps vet at a show without a jacket.

100 bucks says you could sit right next to me and never know i marched. I'm way too fat now :P

I got my VK jacket, the original white cotton one, from a former corps member. It got lots of miles on it. But it came up missing after separating from my first wife. Revenge? I dunno. I never did get that 80's VK black satin jacket while on-staff.

My second (and last) wife has her Phantom Regiment jacket from 83-85. She also has a vintage PR jacket that she acquired from a former Regiment instructor. He was going to toss it out, but offered it to her first. It has the original Regiment black mask logo on it.

I actually wear a Fresno Ferns sweatshirt more often than anything else drum corps.

Garry

PS Nice topic, Dennis!

Edited by CrunchyTenor

I was going to ask that question. How many people can actually still fit into their corps jackets? :blink: I feel like I'm going to pull a Chris Farley from Tommy Boy every time I try to put my jacket on. :P

"FAT GUUY IN A LIIITTLE COOAAAT........FAT GUUUY IN A LIIIIIIITTTLE COOOAAAT....." :P

Edited by Wild Nights

I wore mine quite often in college. Right now the jacket is at my dad's house in the states, so I really haven't worn it since my last enounter with the OC last year (their memorial day camp). However, I intend on bringing it back with me to Japan when I go home next month. Maybe my high school jacket too... which just barely still fits (5'10 in HS, 6'1 now).

Edited by bari_benzo

A. when i was in St. Joe's

Great idea to pass along an old jacket to a current member. Maybe I'll turn over my vintage/mint staff jacket to a current Jersey Surf member that doesn't have one. Jackets need to be worn, not stored away. Heck, I'll try it with my band jacket too.