Phoenix Regional 2007

A little birdie told me during the Classic Countdown that there will be an Arizona Regional leading up to championships next year. Locations are possibly the new Arizona Cardinal stadium in Glendale, AZ or Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe. It's been said that this regional is already being planned and finalized.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't at all be surprised. Arizona Academy has been hosting shows for the past five years or so, the past few years having two shows a summer in the phoenix area. this summer they're drawing scv, bd, bk, fever, impulse, jester, oc, scvc, and yamato. i'm guessing they'd be involved in the planning and "hosting" of the regional, since they're based in tempe. kind of like revolution "hosted" and performed at san antonio in 2003. it's certainly on the way to pasadena for just about everyone.

however, this thread will probably quickly get closed since dcp doesn't really encourage spreading rumors without solid back up.

it'd be exciting for me if it happened, though. arizona is my summer home, and i wouldn't have to travel to san antonio to see all the div 1 corps :)

Edited by BariEuph

I am glad I aged out. I can't say I would be thrilled about marching a major show with all the full-day rehearsals leading up to it, in Arizona.

makes sense, but yeah, the heats gonna be a killer.

makes sense, but yeah, the heats gonna be a killer.

Nope. It's an indoor facility. As for rehearsals, the corps will deal. In a lot of way's it's better to be in the dry desert heat than in humidity.

Edited by Kamarag

not the whole state.

Waaah.

If you hydrate properly and rehearse smartly, it won't be a problem. It's not like there haven't been drum corps shows in Arizona before. I've marched with corps that have done it, and it's only a problem if you make it into one.

i was referring only to the show site...these guys go to Texas every year, so i agree on hydration.

good to know it's a dome. ####, i'm surprised all the big shows arent in domes anymore.

(also counting down til people start to complain about what this new stadium will sound like)

You know Phoenix in August can be 120. There's nothing you can do outside and be safe at the same time and it be that hot. Another problem is that the schools start there the first week of August, so housing might be an issue. (At least my friend teaches at a school that starts that early.)