Can someone with a high level of musical intelect please tell me how C

self explanatory...

well since the title got cut off i guess it isnt so self explanatory.

I asked, "Can someone with a high level of musical intelect please tell me how The Cadets won Ensemble Music in 96?"

Edited by Phantom&Phitch

Uhhh... not exactly. Did you forget/not notice that DCP has a limit on how long your topic titles can be?

Uhhh... not exactly. Did you forget/not notice that DCP has a limit on how long your topic titles can be?

yea, i modified it. And they should really limit your typing in the title of a topic based upon the number of characters it allows. Once they run out, it shouldnt let you type anymore.

Cadets '96 hornline was one of the finest hornlines top to bottom I've ever had the privaledge of listening to. They were simply breathtaking. With the addition of the outstanding percussion (marching and pit) there was no other performing ensemble that year that I fealt could win over them. 1996, as many other years, yeilded some of the most memorable performances and talented performers that this activity that we all love has had to offer.

The Blue Devils and Madison Scouts were exceptional as well that year.

Take a listen to Cadets '96 again and really listen to how well they executed they show that was written for them.

yours in listening......

Madison 97 sucks? Madison 96 sucks? Phantom Regiment 96 sucks?

What about BD 97 and their rendition of A Night in Tunisia?

You can't be serious.

Just based on the recording (which is all I have, and we know 96 recordings aren't fantastic...but I was only 13 at the time...), Cadets 96 was an incredible hornline and the drumline was extremely well integrated into the music. It is curious that they won that caption that night with an ensemble tear or two, but if you somehow ignore that, they were incredible. They had a string of very well polished hornlines from 93 (92 at times) through 96.

But I'm sure you could lend more credit to someone who was there live...

Aas has been said listen to the recordings can sometimes give a different impression to what happened live.

My overriding memory of BD 96 was just how tight they were ensemble-wise. It's by no means my favourite BD show but I remember being very impressed with how tight everything seemed - especially all those shot notes - side to side and front to back.

Cadets 96 is a good show imo, but not one that sticks out for ensemble strengths in the same way as BD's did. My main memory from that year was Cadets coming out with a noticeably louder sound (for Cadets anyway). IIRC the staff had made a consicous effort that year to step up the intensity from the hornline.

having the huge props cut the field down in size, which limited how spread out the cadets could be, which was smart, because it helped them musically.