Southwind announces 2006 show!

I love the dual uniform idea. Reminds me of Marian Catholic HS 2001 and 2005. Visually, it must be wierd for the judges, when they see this type of thing.

Well, whatever they do, it can't be any wackier than this:

cadetsbwards.jpg

:D

Edited by Galen

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so you will "get" the show before the season starts (or before you see it), and the designers and viewers wont have to rely on a crutch. :wub: :sshh: :wub:

(/sarcasm)

Is this a joke? How is using the dictionary relying on a crutch? Why does it even matter!?!? DCP you really amaze me sometimes, I'm gonna go swallow some Drain-O

Yeah, I love that comment about hack and slash. So you obviously have heard the show and know that it sounds that way, please enlighten us with your wisdom.

Besides, last year they used a great deal of source material, and I thought the show flowed GREAT.

I think that their arrangers do far less "hack and slash" than other arrangers who use a great deal of source material.

Here's to another great year for the Southwind folks!

Dude, you haven't even heard it yet.

Why should that stop him? Haven't you heard? Actually taking the time to see and hear a show is so overrated. It's far easier to cop out and make judgments based on show write-ups in May these days.

<**>

I have heard the music, and as a vet I am very proud to wear yellow... I feel Steve Vento is one of the best new designers/arrangers in DCI. he brought you last years SW show which most people loved, and co-designed the 04 Mummy show. I feel this show is going to be met with similar embrace. Mix that with a completely returning staff, and a high vet return rate and I think southwind will be doing just great.

2003 - 21

2004 - 18

2005 - 16

2006 - ???

Go SDUB,

Steve Simpson

Euph 2004-2005

I think I'm going to wind up forever associating Incantations with Southwind.

Uh, Bluecoats just last year? :blink:

It's so you will "get" the show before the season starts (or before you see it), and the designers and viewers wont have to rely on a crutch. music.gif shutup.gif ph34r.gif

(/sarcasm)

Is this a joke? How is using the dictionary relying on a crutch? Why does it even matter!?!? DCP you really amaze me sometimes, I'm gonna go swallow some Drain-O

Look at my two posts before that: I am totally for this show--can't wait to see/hear it.

Now...

Look at the (/sarcasm) at the end of the message. It was meant to be a joke (also the smilies at the end). Anyone on this board who has seen me post, knows I would never bash a corps like some on here, and I did not do that here. I was simply poking fun at the people who come on here and say such things. If you read the message right, you would have seen the end where it says "wont have to rely on a crutch" meaning using something like this to describe the show is a good thing--because it defines it right then and there!

Look at the (/sarcasm) at the end of the message. It was meant to be a joke (also the smilies at the end). Anyone on this board who has seen me post, knows I would never bash a corps like some on here, and I did not do that here. I was simply poking fun at the people who come on here and say such things. If you read the message right, you would have seen the end where it says "wont have to rely on a crutch" meaning using something like this to describe the show is a good thing--because it defines it right then and there!

Oh god you're right, I'm so sorry. I've become everything I hate :P

More Hack and Slash....great.

Best of luck to the corps and the kids though!

(I support the kids, but cannot STAND this style of show design)

I don't really see the problem, unless you're approaching each rep as a setlist for a concert and expecting corps to play complete pieces. Approach the show as it's own composition, judge those eleven minutes on their own merit, and I think you'll be pleasantly satisfied.

I mean, after all, nobody plays the original and complete piece. If there weren't any hacking and slashing, we'd never see something like the 45 minute long Scheherazade placed on the field at all.