Southwind announces 2006 show!

Looks like they're keeping up with the same kind of musical style from last year. I am a bit curious how the "dual" uniforms will work though.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the dual uniform idea. Reminds me of Marian Catholic HS 2001 and 2005. Visually, it must be wierd for the judges, when they see this type of thing. These Southwind show ideas are sounding fun, I can't wait to see these ideas come to fruition. How you will pull all these pieces together is something magical and something we will just have to wait to hear, but best of luck.

I absolutely loved the music and show last year. The program seemed to flow so well with so many pieces and mixing of the music. Musically one of my favorite 10 shows from last year. It seems like this corps is definitely heading in the right direction. I can't wait to see how they put this years show together.

GO SOUTHWIND!!

More Hack and Slash....great.

Best of luck to the corps and the kids though!

(I support the kids, but cannot STAND this style of show design)

You seem to dissapprove of a lot of show designs-- :P If you were the designer of Southwind, what would YOU do to this show to make it work for you? I seem to remember you attacking Seattle Cascades when their show concept was posted as well. I'm not fishing for anything here, I would just like to know what about this "design" can't you stand. They are taking a different approach (in my opinion)--no different from the approaches other corps have been doing--they are defining themselves as Southwind.

What's with corps referencing Webster's Dictionary in their Show Announcements? Bluecoats and Southwind so far. It just seems interesting.

It's so you will "get" the show before the season starts (or before you see it), and the designers and viewers wont have to rely on a crutch. :wub: :sshh: :wub:

(/sarcasm)

And a comment like this REALLY shows the kids that you 'support' them.

I'm uber excited to be working with this show, I think you guys are going to trip on it. Tasty Tasty bits :)