Frameworks versus The Zone

Clash of the Titans  

382 members have voted

1. 1. Which 99.15 show was better overall?

• The Cavaliers
    • The Cadets
    • Tie
  2. 2. Which 99.15 show do you think will be better remembered 10-20 years from now?

• The Cavaliers
    • The Cadets
    • Tie
  3. 3. Which did you find to be more "entertaining" to you, personally?

• The Cavaliers
    • The Cadets
    • Tie

The uniform mod was innovative and memorable.

honestly, the false uniform backs really didn't do anything for me. i missed the orginal. as for the shows, i can't really decide cause i only saw one in person (cadets 05). and it's stuck in my head even more cause my best friend marched (go justin!) so i've heard it about 100x more than cavies 02

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cavies

cavies

cavies

(i feel like i'm on the brady bunch!)

Cadets 2005 scored a 99.15 against a weak field.

Cavies 2002 scored a 99.15 against an even weaker field.

Both were the legit champs of their year, but advantage: Cadets.

(But neither would top Cavies 2004. Most unbeatable show to date.)

F. G.

I would agree that 05 was a weaker field than usual but 02? I just don't see that as a weak field at all. There were a lot of solid shows that year with great execution across the board.....Cavies still deserved the win, but at least I felt there were a few shows in the same league.

I said

Cavies

Cadets

Cavies

I'm not a fan of the Cavaliers or The Cadets. I just rarely like their shows, but I will admit when they are good, I'm not that thick headed. Cavies show in 2002 was mindblowing. Sure I don't remember the music, but the hornline was so blended and mature sounding, how could you not appreciate it? Cadets, eh, I'm not a big fan of Gino's trumpet lines (especially me being a trumpet player) I'm very critical when it comes to that stuff. The visual aspect would go to Cavies. Some of the best drill I've ever seen. Cadets drill was pretty impressive as well, but I think Cavies would edge them by a little in that.

I think Cadets show will be remembered more in 10-20 years because of it oddities (is that a word?) I wasn't a fan of this show at all, for various reasons that have already been discussed on these boards ad nauseum. However, it is because the show was odd, and innovative, and well, just out there in general that it will be remembered. Cavies 02 will be remembered because it was clean and it was the first. Cadets put themselves out there though. Most people just like Cavies 02. The fact that there is such a split in opinions is what's going to cause Cadets 05 to be remembered. It's I don't want to say it because I don't think it's the right word, but controversial.

With all that being said, I just like Cavies 02 alot better than Cadets 05. and whoever said it wouldn't beat Cavies 04, I'm with ya on that. haha.

also, whoever mentioned the weak fields, I will also 2nd that. In my mind, Cavies, Blue Devils, and Phantom were the only entertaining shows in 2002. and well, in 2005, Vanguard and Crown are the only ones that come to my mind. so agreed.

I voted Cavaliers all three. I guess that shouldn't really be a surprise.

I voted Cavies across the board, the closest for me being the second one. As someone said, it's hard to tell what exactly the impact of The Zone has had on the activity as a whole being that we haven't had another season to see. I will say though, that in my mind, Cavies 00-03 were just on another level in terms of design, namely visual. It really pushed their competition to new levels to achieve the same--- the impact of those shows (especially Frameworks) has been huge. In that sense, I thought Cavies deserved the choice for question 2. The others explain themselves, and are more opinions than anything...

Just my $.02 :D