Frameworks versus The Zone

Clash of the Titans  

382 members have voted

1. 1. Which 99.15 show was better overall?

• The Cavaliers
    • The Cadets
    • Tie
  2. 2. Which 99.15 show do you think will be better remembered 10-20 years from now?

• The Cavaliers
    • The Cadets
    • Tie
  3. 3. Which did you find to be more "entertaining" to you, personally?

• The Cavaliers
    • The Cadets
    • Tie

Phantom 02 was not close to the worst drumline in finals...check out many of their years, especially 92 :P

ok, so a few corps fell out....big deal. a few 02 corps fell out in 03. happens a lot down in the bottom levels.

Boston 02 is universally liked and as for the brass, i guess the judges disagreed looking at the recaps.

02 was more engaging than anything since 99, and, Cavies were clean, but good god man, musically they were a snooze with a druline living on past reputation. sorry, ####ting out 8th notes in your feature at finals is not a 19.3

i will agree on cadets cheesyness...#### on YEA borg will disagree there.

but Magic had a product better than any they have ever created. Spirit hasnt lived up to 2002 levels since. Crossmen would have been higher any other year. Gmen actually had fans that year. Coats were in that run up mode that they finally delivered on. and, IMO, SCV had a show so hard they'd never win cause they could never clean it

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phantom 02 was not close to the worst drumline in finals...check out many of their years, especially 92 :P

ok, so a few corps fell out....big deal. a few 02 corps fell out in 03. happens a lot down in the bottom levels.

Boston 02 is universally liked and as for the brass, i guess the judges disagreed looking at the recaps.

02 was more engaging than anything since 99, and, Cavies were clean, but good god man, musically they were a snooze with a druline living on past reputation. sorry, ####ting out 8th notes in your feature at finals is not a 19.3

i will agree on cadets cheesyness...#### on YEA borg will disagree there.

but Magic had a product better than any they have ever created. Spirit hasnt lived up to 2002 levels since. Crossmen would have been higher any other year. Gmen actually had fans that year. Coats were in that run up mode that they finally delivered on. and, IMO, SCV had a show so hard they'd never win cause they could never clean it

Boston 02 universally liked......I'll pass. Aside from mentioning that the opener was pretty horrible. Just listen to the brassline, that was one of the worst lines they've fielded since making finals in '99.

Magic '03 was a lot stronger from a performance standpoint (ESPECIALLY the drumline), but '02's design was better.

Spirit was overrated in '02 and was a lot stronger in '03, I thought.

Coats were stronger in '03.

SCV '03 was much harder than '02.

I don't consider the Madison Scouts, Carolina Crown, or even BK for the most part, to be on the "bottom levels of DCI." They were down there because they had bad shows, not because Magic, Spirit, or Seattle "bumped them out."

We're off topic. :P

Madison had been down there for a while, so yes, they had become the bottom levels. and you can say what you wish about Bostons hornline...recaps dont lie.

Madison had been down there for a while, so yes, they had become the bottom levels. and you can say what you wish about Bostons hornline...recaps dont lie.

My main point I'm trying to make, is that almost every corps was better in '03.

Cavies....probably dirtier, but I thought the show was more advanced, progress in show design (and possibly the pinnacle/exemplification of modern show design), and more entertaining.

Cadets - cleaner in '03, less cheesy show, more difficult program, MUCH better finals show

BD - MUCH better in '03; better design, more entertaining.

SCV - harder show, I liked '03 more (I like '02 a lot too, though), more programmatically solid. Better drumline....should have won in '03.

Phantom - much better in '03. horns improved tremendously during the Bb change. drumline went from terrible to terribly underrated....'03 was a GREAT line.

Bluecoats - I thought '03 was the point where they crossed a "line" as a corps. Drill was much better in '03, as was hornline sound; the corps was just more mature and at a different level as a corps in '03.

Boston - I felt '03 was a stronger drum corps, performance-wise; a better brassline, at least. This one is give or take, I guess.

Madison - incomparable. They were "back" in 2003.....they were back in 2005, but 2003 was a big welcome back show.

Crossmen - 02 was probably better.

Magic - '02 had better show design, but '03 was a much stronger drum corps. Drumline was VASTLY improved, and the hornline was in 7th in prelims in '03....rightfully so.

Spirit - much stronger in '03, IMO. Brassline was MUUUUUUUUUCH better in 2003, and the show design was more powerful; emotionally, and otherwise.

BK - cleaner in 2003; more solid program overall, better sound from horns, much cleaner drums in 03 (02 was a mess for their drumline).

Glassmen - 02 wins. 03 was a failed attempt at accessibility.

Seattle - 02 was cleaner, but I thought '03 was over their heads. Horns were better in '03, especially the incredible mellos. drums were better in 02, as was visual.

Crown - 03, definitely. Though the 02 hornline was probably better.

Horns were better, drums were better, show design was the best it's ever been for most corps....everything but the finals venue was better. :P

Ok, I'm probably done. :)

CADETS ALL THREE

My main point I'm trying to make, is that almost every corps was better in '03.

Cavies....probably dirtier, but I thought the show was more advanced, progress in show design (and possibly the pinnacle/exemplification of modern show design), and more entertaining.

Cadets - cleaner in '03, less cheesy show, more difficult program, MUCH better finals show

BD - MUCH better in '03; better design, more entertaining.

SCV - harder show, I liked '03 more (I like '02 a lot too, though), more programmatically solid. Better drumline....should have won in '03.

Phantom - much better in '03. horns improved tremendously during the Bb change. drumline went from terrible to terribly underrated....'03 was a GREAT line.

Bluecoats - I thought '03 was the point where they crossed a "line" as a corps. Drill was much better in '03, as was hornline sound; the corps was just more mature and at a different level as a corps in '03.

Boston - I felt '03 was a stronger drum corps, performance-wise; a better brassline, at least. This one is give or take, I guess.

Madison - incomparable. They were "back" in 2003.....they were back in 2005, but 2003 was a big welcome back show.

Crossmen - 02 was probably better.

Magic - '02 had better show design, but '03 was a much stronger drum corps. Drumline was VASTLY improved, and the hornline was in 7th in prelims in '03....rightfully so.

Spirit - much stronger in '03, IMO. Brassline was MUUUUUUUUUCH better in 2003, and the show design was more powerful; emotionally, and otherwise.

BK - cleaner in 2003; more solid program overall, better sound from horns, much cleaner drums in 03 (02 was a mess for their drumline).

Glassmen - 02 wins. 03 was a failed attempt at accessibility.

Seattle - 02 was cleaner, but I thought '03 was over their heads. Horns were better in '03, especially the incredible mellos. drums were better in 02, as was visual.

Crown - 03, definitely. Though the 02 hornline was probably better.

Horns were better, drums were better, show design was the best it's ever been for most corps....everything but the finals venue was better. :P

Ok, I'm probably done. :)

i thought several weren't as good in 03.

:ph34r: