Spring Preview - The Ship Has Sailed

I would love to get in contact with Jim McDevitt...he also played soprano with PAL in the mid-70s....so if anyone knows him or how to contact him, let me know...

Gary

A Jim McDermott indeed plays soprano in Reilly as does his son, Kevin. However I think he isn't the one that you are seeking. Jim marched in Vasella, Archie, Archie/Reilly (where I first met him in '68). If you need any further info please feel free to email me.

Also, to add to this thread, this years Spring Preview may go down as one of the best, if not THE best, indoor shows in history. All performers were superb, facilities, hosts and family atmosphere was what I've come to expect from Buc's and the music parents & staff.

Kudos in a BIG way to my friend Jerry Ware (also one my illigitimate sons), the Commodore, Jim Gruber, the Buc's Committee, administration, staff, support staff and the members of the Corps, both Alumni and Competing, as well as my new friends in RB3.........I was proud to be wearing blue shorts (yeah, yeah, yeah, Louie & Lois, it only took a bunch of years).

Fran you looked resplendent in your Buccaneer blue Hawaiian frock. Hope you gave Barb a big hug from us.

Proud to have been a part of the event.

Jim Cossetti

WDCHOF

Archie '62-'95

Reilly Raiders-Musketeers '68

Blue Rock (staff) '69-'74

Reilly '00-'03

Music Express

Reading Buccaneers Brass Band

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Jim McDermott indeed plays soprano in Reilly as does his son, Kevin. However I think he isn't the one that you are seeking. Jim marched in Vasella, Archie, Archie/Reilly.

There is a Jim McDevitt and a Jim McDermott in Reilly and both play soprano. Jim McDevitt is listed on the staff of Reilly on their website.

Thanks so much Tom and Jerry :whistle: (am I aging myself) for a very well organized show. You guys really know what your doing. Shuttles, facilities, showers, home cooked meals!!!!!!!!! I think you really know how to start off a season!!! It was a great night. It's always good to have the members (especially when you have a lot of "new to the activity" members) get that "first performance" nerve thing out of the way.

The guy next to me thought he was going to pass out. It was so cute. I still feel that sometimes and I'm doing this 30 years now!!

Thanks again for a great show!!!

Thanks so much Tom and Jerry :whistle: (am I aging myself) for a very well organized show. You guys really know what your doing. Shuttles, facilities, showers, home cooked meals!!!!!!!!! I think you really know how to start off a season!!! It was a great night. It's always good to have the members (especially when you have a lot of "new to the activity" members) get that "first performance" nerve thing out of the way.

The guy next to me thought he was going to pass out. It was so cute. I still feel that sometimes and I'm doing this 30 years now!!

Thanks again for a great show!!!

Thank YOU for the compliment. I'm just the official "mouth" of the corps on these boards -- the real brains and brawn behind the effort is Jerry Ware and the dedicated and talented Buccaneers support staff (and our friends at Twin Valley -- what a turkey dinner!).

Yes, we were certainly pleased to get a first performance of the show out there and are delighted it was well-received. It's a great boost in the arm as we prepare for Wildwood in mid-June.

Glad you enjoyed it! Can't wait till next year!

does that make me the unofficial temporary alumni mouth of the corps?

does that make me the unofficial temporary alumni mouth of the corps?

No comment!

:P

The Reading Buccaneers will celebrate its 50th Anniversary next year, so I'm sure we'll have something special planned -- but I'm fairly confident neither Jerry Ware nor I, nor Fran Haring, will jump out of a cake. b**bs

Thanks again, Ray.

:whistle::master:

:P

There is a Jim McDevitt and a Jim McDermott in Reilly and both play soprano. Jim McDevitt is listed on the staff of Reilly on their website.

Whoa......my bad......Robbie Ellis is right.........and I should stop drinking my own home brew. Jim McDEvitt is the Show Co-ordinator of Reilly. He can't be the one you're looking for since he marched in Reilly in the '50's and left drum corps until they returmed as an alumni corps. He has a daughter but I'm not sure if he has a son. His brother Jack is a soprano with the corps and may have marched in PAL. He went to Cardinal Dougherty and is younger than Jim.

Hope this helps.....now that I got the name right

Jim Cossetti

any pics for us common folk to see?

any pics for us common folk to see?

I know Drum Corps World had a photographer in attendance. If we have some to post on the Buccaneers web site, I'll repost with an appropriate link.