Spring Preview - The Ship Has Sailed

Thanks, Fran, for being part of our evening once again. You brought a wonderful flair to the proceedings as always. Nothing like a Buccaneer blue Hawaiian shirt to get us in the mood to kick off the voyage on the high seas!

It was, indeed, a great evening, and the Buccaneers would like to thank all who made it possible, especially our friends in the Twin Valley School District and, most especially, the fans in attendance. Thanks also to the participating corps for providing such an enjoyable evening.

Tom,

I just want to take this opportunity to thank you, Jerry Ware and the entire Buccaneer family for the wonderful hospitality extended to the Skyliners family and, indeed, to all the performers at your show Saturday evening.

The facilities were first rate, the venue was terrific and all-in-all it was a very well run show for the performers and the audience. The buffet style dinner available to the corps members was a treat and well received too. We look forward to coming back to Elverson in the future and the great crowd you guys have in the stands.

Thank you very much.

Ray Priester

Sky Alumni

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all for your kind words.

It is truly our pleasure to host the second annual "Spring Preview" in partnership with the Twin Valley Music Boosters. The Buccaneers support staff, Spring Preview committee and the Music Boosters in all of their hard work, are the people who are making this show "the one to attend". The crowd certainly showed their appreciation for all of the performing groups with their applause and cheers.....and standing O's.

Fran Haring, thank you for your enthusiasm and professionalism. Well Done!

The Reading Buccaneers wish to thank all of the groups that performed in last night's concert. You are our brothers and sisters in the activity, and for that, we are honored to have had you as our guests on stage.

Jerry Ware

Chairman,

"The Spring Preview"

Oh yeah.... I noticed that Skyliners Alumni have a pit percussion section now, with a couple of mallet players and a set of tympani. Nice touch!

We might have to set up a Westshoremen Alumni-Skyliners Alumni Pit Challenge...... LOL

Fran

when they throw mallets fran, they connect with scary accuracy. when you throw them, they just go wherever :P

Harry Heidelmark from DCA.

Robbie,

Do you know of anyone that would have Harry's contact info? I know he lives up in New England (VT or NH, I talked to him at the Dixie Stinger and forgot to ask)

Thanks,

Tony B)

Robbie,

Do you know of anyone that would have Harry's contact info? I know he lives up in New England (VT or NH, I talked to him at the Dixie Stinger and forgot to ask)

Thanks,

Tony

Come to think of it, Harry asked me for my email address at the Stinger so he could email our photos. Haven't gotten any yet. I know he took a bunch. He has an email address on Drum Corps World's website and he does live in Maine. My husband knows him really well from their marching days in Philadelphia PAL Cadets and he takes alot of pictures of us (somebody has to).

www.drumcorpsworld.com/photos/photographers.

Robbie

Come to think of it, Harry asked me for my email address at the Stinger so he could email our photos. Haven't gotten any yet. I know he took a bunch. He has an email address on Drum Corps World's website and he does live in Maine. My husband knows him really well from their marching days in Philadelphia PAL Cadets and he takes alot of pictures of us (somebody has to).

www.drumcorpsworld.com/photos/photographers.

Robbie

When did you march PAL? That was my first performance with drum corps....I also knew Harry, but I doubt he would remember me...it's been a v ery long time...

I would love to get in contact with Jim McDevitt...he also played soprano with PAL in the mid-70s....so if anyone knows him or how to contact him, let me know...

Edited by G-Rott

When did you march PAL? That was my first performance with drum corps....I also knew Harry, but I doubt he would remember me...it's been a v ery long time...

I would love to get in contact with Jim McDevitt...he also played soprano with PAL in the mid-70s....so if anyone knows him or how to contact him, let me know...

This post has been edited by G-Rott: Today, 12:09 PM

I didn't march in PAL but my husband did right before he went to Archer Epler around 1974-1977. My husband is from Philadelphia and I am from Baltimore. I believe Harry and Bob played baritone together. Bob would probably know you since you were both in at the same time.

The only Jim McDevitt I know of is in Reilly and plays soprano. Check out their website as I think he might be listed on it. I have never heard Bob mention that Jim McDevitt being in PAL since we see Reilly at all the shows the Rebels are in too.

Robbie

Tom,

I just want to take this opportunity to thank you, Jerry Ware and the entire Buccaneer family for the wonderful hospitality extended to the Skyliners family and, indeed, to all the performers at your show Saturday evening.

The facilities were first rate, the venue was terrific and all-in-all it was a very well run show for the performers and the audience. The buffet style dinner available to the corps members was a treat and well received too. We look forward to coming back to Elverson in the future and the great crowd you guys have in the stands.

Thank you very much.

Ray Priester

Sky Alumni

That's quite a compliment, Ray. Thank you. It was a great evening and a real treat to be entertained by so many talented ensembles. We're pleased that so many of you enjoyed the show, and as Jerry mentioned, we have a special relationship with the Twin Valley School District, so to hear your feedback about the facilities is gratifying.

We're already talking about how next year's event can be even better! The Reading Buccaneers will celebrate its 50th Anniversary next year, so I'm sure we'll have something special planned -- but I'm fairly confident neither Jerry Ware nor I, nor Fran Haring, will jump out of a cake. b**bs

Thanks again, Ray.