Crazier Cadets Tenor Solo/Feature?

Pretty Simple...  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

2000 cadets was a simply brilliant show, a little of everything. The percussion interwoven into the fourth piece was fantastic! The tenor solo, something we have come to expect from Cadets, was thrilling and well rehearsed. those guys rocked. 2005 ensemble was very good and very tight. I have heard the semi-finals and finals judge tapes and was simply amazed at their competency and attention to detail. for the tenor solo: 2000, very audience appealing.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHA!!!!!

True dat!

I was gonna say Dartmouth 2000-2001, but you beat me to it.

I've never seen a reaction like the one Aimachi's tenors got in Dayton this year. What a great moment!

AND I SAW IT FRONT ROW AT PRELIMS!!!!!

Finals wasn't as clean. But the crowd went nuts both times. Thank god it was in the last 30 secs of the show or the crowd would have been on their feet for the rest of the show.

Now back to DCI.......

2000 Cadets

2000 Cadets. Inspired millions of marching bands and indoor drumlines, heh.

Good God. I just watched that about 10 times. Ridiculous.

Unfortunately, the camera angle switches at the WORST possible moment. I hate that!

Here's a closer look from in

. The video doesn't seem to sync up with the audio, but you can check out what they're doing better.

Seems like the Cadets were inspired from some of those Dartmouth tenor lines (many of whose players went on to march Cadets). I don't remember what year it was, but I'm sure I saw that 2000 Cadets tenor feature done by Dartmouth before (not identical, but same basic premise). Makes sense, I suppose, seeing as how Aungst teaches there.

Heh, our marching band put a show in Grand National Finals that fall, and we had a tenor feature that was almost exactly the same thing. B)

Unfortunately, the camera angle switches at the WORST possible moment. I hate that!

Here's a closer look from in

. The video doesn't seem to sync up with the audio, but you can check out what they're doing better.

That is the coolest tenor break. Whoever thought of the rotating stands was genius.