Phantom 94

He is living up here in the Detroit area and writing drill for several bands in the area.

Hey Paul,

Do you happen to have an email address for him? Would love to check in on him and see how he's doing...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always loved that overblow at the end. I'm not surprised it was Tim. I thought it was planned that way until someone in the line told me otherwise. It just put an exclamation point on the savage nature of that closer.

I thought I remembered Bouton telling me it was Poodle too. Maybe I'm wrong and hopefully Poodle can jump on and tell us the real story.

It was 12 years ago, so who knows if my memory is correct!

Mathew M. Hilton

Edited by mhilton777

I think it's funny that all the PR guys posted on this thread, defending the validity of the overblowing it and qualifying it by talking about how great the euph section was. :)

Heh, just found that funny. In all seriousness, because I still can't say I know.....so were the euphs simply supposed to attack on beat one and hold it, or was there a reason the attack was so pronounced on beat two, all three times? Should it have been (sops) DAH dah digita dah dah (dahhhhhHHH), or DAH dah digita dah dah (dahhAHHhhhHHH) like it was played?

Hey Matt Hilton.

I think it's funny that all the PR guys posted on this thread, defending the validity of the overblowing it and qualifying it by talking about how great the euph section was. :)

Heh, just found that funny. In all seriousness, because I still can't say I know.....so were the euphs simply supposed to attack on beat one and hold it, or was there a reason the attack was so pronounced on beat two, all three times? Should it have been (sops) DAH dah digita dah dah (dahhhhhHHH), or DAH dah digita dah dah (dahhAHHhhhHHH) like it was played?

Hey Matt Hilton.

I'm not defending the incident. It was a pretty bad musical moment. And I didn't include 1994 in the "great bari lines" argument...

Come on Jared, you're a Nole...aren't they teaching you reading comprehension at that girls' college??? :P

I'm not defending the incident. It was a pretty bad musical moment. And I didn't include 1994 in the "great bari lines" argument...

Come on Jared, you're a Nole...aren't they teaching you reading comprehension at that girls' college??? :P

It just sounded like everyone was because no one really said anything bad about it; people like Phansouth said they appreciated the musical moment.

Heh....my status as an english/writing major is officially underway this coming fall. Surely my DCP'ing abilities will be enhanced and I shall once again rule the forums with an iron fist!

If this goes off topic, BTW, I'm totally stating beforehand that I'm going to hijack this thread and talk about Phantom '95. Just a fair warning. :)

Best Regiment show, for the win.

I think your approval rating just shot up tremendously. I'll PM OhioStateTad and ask him to start a thread in your honor, haha.

No doubt 95 was very good, but...I still put 97 over it.

So, who was louder - the buicks in 89 or the line in 91? I heard stories about the guys in 89 being able to make it feel as if your organs were vibbrating.

Also, who has the solo in 91 at about 2:30), that was freaking awesome!

So, who was louder - the buicks in 89 or the line in 91? I heard stories about the guys in 89 being able to make it feel as if your organs were vibbrating.

That's true. You'd hear that 89 line and they'd make you pee down your leg, they were so loud.

But, I think 1991 was louder. It's probably a very small difference...they were both outstanding lines.

The 91 and 93 lines were both superior to 94, for my money.