BAC 99

... I will have to pull out my DVD before I leave at the end of the week... a 14 and a 16? holy crap

Yeah, the guy was jokingly referred to on RAMD as "The Lord of the Sabre". Fortunately, he didn't look like Michael Flatley. :D

That must take some INCREDIBLE strength to pull off.

99 a great year for drum corps! :)

The best IMO.

I agree... it's in my top 3.

as far as the year goes, I mean... that saber toss has got to be the biggest thrown... ever.

~>conner

You guys are right...he DID nail both catches in most of the shows. Maybe the first drop at finals had something to do with it being his first (and Boston's first ever) finals performance. He came back on the second one and really hucked it and the catch was solid. The audience went nuts....even the high cam had to suddenly pan up because it went so high!!! :)

At the very end of BAC 99, there is a HUGE saber toss... what did that guy throw? an 8? 9?

I know the camera had to adjust to see the whole toss... that was amazing.

~>conner

I thought it was a 13...but I'm a horn player, what do I do?

I remember seeing that toss live in Port Huron. He missed the catch, but the blade tip went right into the grass and instead of freaking out he missed the catch he gave one of the "ta-da" looks and the crowd went ape-####.

I heard rumors that it was at least a 44...and then on finals night he kicked it up to a 48 out of the pure passion of the moment.....

I think his kid brother marched cadets in 04 and threw a baton entirely out of a few stadiums, harming some local airborne wildlife......