No 2007 Super 3 Tickets until after Madison?

Just read in the new DCI TODAY " New this year,Super 3 tickets will be offered toward the end of August after the 2006 World Championships in Madison" I'm reading this to say that they won't be selling 2007 tickets in Madison. Seems like DCI once again is dissing the longtime loyal fan.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read in the new DCI TODAY " New this year,Super 3 tickets will be offered toward the end of August after the 2006 World Championships in Madison" I'm reading this to say that they won't be selling 2007 tickets in Madison. Seems like DCI once again is dissing the longtime loyal fan.

Get a grip.

And how exactly are they dissing the fans by stating when they will go on sale?

UNBELIEVABLE.............just UNBELIEVABLE <**>

I don't think so. I found it much easier to call on the phone or use the internet to order tickets than stand around all day in a hotel lobby waiting in line. If you call the day that tickets go on sale, even if it is late August, you still will get great seats.

Agreed. I've stood in line at the Championship Headquarters site for hours to procure my tickets but after one bad experience after another, finally gave up in favor of ordering by phone. It's made little difference to the quality of seats -- I've still been able to purchase seats in the best locations.

I'm going to miss seeing all the familiar faces in line every year. Maybe for those who come later it's a burden, but for those who make it there early it's actually pretty fun. You get to talk some drum corps, meet new people and hungrily anticipate the time when tickets go on sale. I've always had a great time waiting in line. People wait in line for concerts and sporting events, don't see why that can't happen for drum corps? To me that shows passion for the activity. I think those fans willing to make an effort should get first dibs on tickets.

Edited by Whiskey

Because we who have made the trip annually, year in and year out, had the advantage of getting tickets for the next year while at the Championships. It seems that people who continue to put out the money every year should get some advantage.

How ridiculous !! I "put out" the money every year, but choose not to get up at 6am and wait in line for next year, I guess Im not worthy......

~G~

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this past year, didn't the initial offering of tickets occur in Providence at the same time that Quarters were starting in Foxboro? I was at the stadium and frantically called to secure tickets once they were available over the phone. So this is actually better, because it is one less thing to worry about doing during Finals week.

If DCI wants to truly reward the long-time fan, they should give first dibs on the Super 3 tickets to those who purchased them the previous year. Reward the fans who continually buy the Super 3 packs.