Cheesy GE From The Past

Suncoast Sound 1985, the giant mermaid set (I was in the left boob) and the stupid "rain" effects with tiny metal pieces taped to our fingers (with a close-up of me doing it on the vid, no less)

*now goes to the 85 DVD....*

Where was the mermaid form?? I saw no big b**bs Y b**bs but thanks for clearing up the rain effect...I was always wondering WHY peopel were tapping their horns....

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cavies 2005- In previous years, The Cavies would just take the crowd. They would take command of their portion of the evening 99-04. Last year, IMO was unCavalier like, They were pandering to the crowd. Love us, Please, Love us! The horn line dropping their hats on the ground, The color guard tossing their tams in the air. Charging the stands and begging for appluse with cheesy smiles on their faces. 2000 Cavies took their share of the championship, 2001 and 2002 were great Cavie shows, 2003 They were incredible! 2004 another Championship! 2005 to me was a good show with a chessy ending. Great in all sections just a very chessy ending.

I actually enjoyed the ending of Cavies 05 and didn't think it was cheesy at all.

LOVED Suncoast 1985 btw...we 1985 Star members cheered everytime you played the disney bit in your show.

Star 1985 is still in my opinion the corps's best show....and by far my favorite.

Would you like me to sing the DCI verison of M-I-C...?

*now goes to the 85 DVD....*

Where was the mermaid form?? I saw no big b**bs Y b**bs but thanks for clearing up the rain effect...I was always wondering WHY peopel were tapping their horns....

It was during the low brass "Dad's theme" section of Beach Frolic (musically it's after 'Wish Upon a Star' and the soprano flutter tounge stuff).

Edited by Kamarag

Star 1985 is still in my opinion the corps's best show....and by far my favorite.

Would you like me to sing the DCI verison of M-I-C...?

Aww, thank you! But I'll pass on the singing - I heard it enough back in the day. :laugh:

I'm going to have to pull out my videos and check out the mermaid thing!

I thought those were dice, not building blocks

They were, but they were really just a pain. That was an interesting year with the staff trying to insert a theme into the show after the fact. Can't you just admit that it's just a bunch of cool tunes strung together? Yeah the tearing the shirts open bit in the closer was pretty cheesy. Cheese is cheese no matter how you slice it.

The 93 paintbrushes were pretty funny as well. But at least they fit the "Portrait of Don Ellis" theme. The worst props to me that year were the neon pringles at the end of the show that were supposed to be paint pallets? Very um, interesting.

The cheesiest show on earth has to be Star 87 though. I have a hard time making it through.

It was during the low brass "Dad's theme" section of Beach Frolic (musically it's after 'Wish Upon a Star' and the soprano flutter tounge stuff).

If it's around the "neener neener neeeeenneerrrr" from the pit, it isn't on the DVD....fiueld level shot of the guard with the binoculars. Ah well...

So on the other shot -- the tapping the horns, are you the sop or the contra??

LOVED Suncoast 1985 btw...we 1985 Star members cheered everytime you played the disney bit in your show.

I remember hearing the opening of Suncoast's show one morning when we were doing visual block in Florida-they were staying at the next school over. b**bs We serenaded them back that afternoon. I still love '85 Suncoast, great fun, great music, written for the field. Those bassdrums!!! One of my favorite segments of the tour was the two or three weeks that we competed against Suncoast that summer. B)

Kamarag, your mermaid set was almost as cheesy as our baked ham set at the end of Big Bad Wolf!

We originally had a BC set in our 1987 production but it got discarded during rewrites early in the season.

If it's around the "neener neener neeeeenneerrrr" from the pit, it isn't on the DVD....fiueld level shot of the guard with the binoculars. Ah well...

So on the other shot -- the tapping the horns, are you the sop or the contra??

He's the contra